• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have a s & w 357 (model 13) as well as a 38 (s& w 442) . I found that some of the commercial ammo was pretty powerful and NOT fun to shoot. After talking with a friend who reloads, he came up with a "recipe" that is perfect for me, that has made all the difference. They are both a lot of fun, and probably I will use the 38 as a carry at some point.

I will be bringing my 442 with me to the class on the 22nd and will be happy to share it with you.!!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    S&W 686 Plus for me... 7 rounds of .357mag or .38special... ugh

4671888381_ff4534cbdb.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not -yet- own my own handgun. When we have been window-shopping, I am oftentimes drawn to the revolvers. Mr Evilwrench seems less thrilled with my choice, but will ultimately leave it to me. I like the feel and the weight vs other handguns, but until I really shoot them my point of reference is limited. Any suggestions from the ladies? (or the fellas, too!)

My daughter tried shooting my S&W MP, and hated it. But after I got my S&W model 66 Combat Magnum (4" barrel), I took her shooting, she tried it, and LOVED shooting the revolver (I didn't have her shoot .357 magnum rounds, just 38 specials).

You simply can't beat a good S&W revolver. You want control and accuracy, use it in single action (cock the hammer back). If you need to use it in a hurry, just pull the trigger.

Now, if you do go looking, try to hunt for one at a gun show, or a used one. Try to get one that is pre Hillary hole (no internal safety).

The S&W 60 is a sweet little gun. But i prefer the 66's, and you can find then in a 2 or 3" barrel, if you look hard enough.

The little 637 airweights are nice too, but i wouldn't shoot a lot of +P ammo through them. They will kick more than my 66.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have owned but do not currently own revolvers. I too am drawn to them. I think having a .357 platform would be ideal. Having the option of shooting .357, .38+P or .38 Special seems to make a lot of sense. Now, what barrel length? I am not really drawn to the ultra lightweight guns. I think they would be mui punishing.

3". Good muzzle velocity and accuracy, tad easier to carry than 4". 4" isn't bad. I have a 4" 66, carry it all the time.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    My:twocents:

Small light guns easy to carry but kick hard.
    Large heavy guns harder to carry but pleasant to shoot.
    Revolvers are easy to shoot when under stress. Only five or six shots but its just aim and pull trigger. No slide to rack, levers to flip, buttons to push or mags to fiddle with.

Ruger sp101 is big and heavy for a 5 shot revolver which helps dampen recoil. Looks good and are pleasant to shoot. No rust satainless steel is a plus.

The 5 shot S&W J frames are small and light but may kick a bit harder than you like. S&W makes J frames in light weight alloys or heavy stainless.

Ruger GP100 is big and heavy but very easy & fun to shoot with .38 Special.
    The S&W 686+ is big and heavy. Super nice revolver!

What make/model/Caliber revolvers have caught your eye so far?

Mike

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I really like my 2.25 " SP101. It's a fun gun to shoot. If you run out of bullets you can always bludgeon the BG with it.

It is my main carry gun. I have bought other guns with the intention of carrying them but I seem to always go back to the SP101. I sometimes carry my Sig 1911 ultra compact but keep going back to the SP101.

The factory grips on the SP101 are ugly. I replaced mine with Hogue grips and am now very happy with the gun.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Sorry I missed you, I would have liked to try it out! But I must admit that after having a chance to shoot the Beretta I really did like it! Even tho it was a big gun it didn't kick like i thought it would and I liked how it responded! Now i don't know what to do!!

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Well, I m glad you had a successful experience! That is what matters! Next time we will all wear name tags..lol I met a lot of the girls, but not everyone. It was a great time.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    all you can do is try a few ...... my loves her Ruger LCR - but it's an 8 shot 22, and @ the range together I have her shot several mags from my 9s but she still goes back to her lcr, which in .357 shooting 38s may be a sweet setup (?) good luck

Top Bottom