• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    My step sons are in Florida with their dad. They're ein daytona which issued evacuation due to storm surge. We've been asking their dad for 2 days to leave. Idiot says they're fine and they're in a nice resort on higher floor... fn idiot... tried to explain whats the point if you get stuck there for couple days without power or food a way out to airport. We asked if they got some supplies.. his answer" we might go get some today"... you really can't fix stupid

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This would have been the week my wife and daughter and some of the family would have been on their annual Florida vacation, but due to several other circumstances, they went three weeks ago. So glad it worked out the way it did.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My step sons are in Florida with their dad. They're ein daytona which issued evacuation due to storm surge. We've been asking their dad for 2 days to leave. Idiot says they're fine and they're in a nice resort on higher floor... fn idiot... tried to explain whats the point if you get stuck there for couple days without power or food a way out to airport. We asked if they got some supplies.. his answer" we might go get some today"... you really can't fix stupid
    We were in the same situation a few years back. Hurricane was coming and there were rumors evacuation orders would come out soon. My worry was finding gas, and/or sitting in gridlocked traffic. We packed up and headed home that day.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This would have been the week my wife and daughter and some of the family would have been on their annual Florida vacation, but due to several other circumstances, they went three weeks ago. So glad it worked out the way it did.
    No kidding.

We usually vacation this time of year in Siesta Key. Wife's work schedule made it not be feasible this year.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    We were in the same situation a few years back. Hurricane was coming and there were rumors evacuation orders would come out soon. My worry was finding gas, and/or sitting in gridlocked traffic. We packed up and headed home that day.
    Yep. Smart. We tried explaining that to the brick down there. I believe they'll be physically okay. Theyll just end up miserable with no power no restaurants open and being in a hotel no way to cook food

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

(Purple) Now if you drove an electric car you wouldn't have to worry about finding gas. (Purple off). Jim.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No kidding.

We usually vacation this time of year in Siesta Key. Wife's work schedule made it not be feasible this year.
    I'm just hoping Siesta Key doesn't get washed away. 12 feet is enough to cover most of the island. We have a vacation scheduled for May, hoping it will still be there.
    Why is there always a big panic of people when these storms come? It's Florida, they get hurricanes. It's not hard to keep extra fuel cans, cases of water, extra food.
    Even with extra fuel actually getting out can be difficult if you don't leave early. In this particular instance it's also rare for two hurricanes to hit the same area in a few weeks.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm just hoping Siesta Key doesn't get washed away. 12 feet is enough to cover most of the island. We have a vacation scheduled for May, hoping it will still be there.

Even with extra fuel actually getting out can be difficult if you don't leave early. In this particular instance it's also rare for two hurricanes to hit the same area in a few weeks.
    I understand why getting out is difficult. But the people that stay and have little or no supplies is what blows my mind.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Just glad my parents come back home in the summer. Their community down there is just northeast of Tampa, so they're waiting to see if they have a place to go back to down there in November.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why is there always a big panic of people when these storms come? It's Florida, they get hurricanes. It's not hard to keep extra fuel cans, cases of water, extra food.
    Most of them don’t have 10’ - 15’ potential storm surges, which pretty much negates emergency supplies if you’re on the coast and not on the 5th floor.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Been waiting for Southwest to update and they just did...

Went from this...

Screenshot_20241008_095201_Southwest.jpg

To this...

Screenshot_20241008_131609_Southwest.jpg

Had planned to spend the week down there but bit the bullet this morning and canceled the rental car and offshore fishing trip. Only thing left is the flight...

Top Bottom