• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I had a bad experience with the G force mag fed shotgun. Hoping your experience is better.

Got to handle the g force lever action .410. Aluminum receiver is slightly concerning but I didn’t get a good look at how it locked up. Felt kinda cheap but I didn’t see any reason it wouldn’t work.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I read somewhere and looked at their website that the case hardening is NOT steel but coloration on the aluminum receiver. Is this true? I didn't think having aluminum would be a bad thing but it turns out is has to do with the .357 magnum pressure. I like the price and would like to buy it but I also don't want it exploding in my face.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I read somewhere and looked at their website that the case hardening is NOT steel but coloration on the aluminum receiver. Is this true? I didn't think having aluminum would be a bad thing but it turns out is has to do with the .357 magnum pressure. I like the price and would like to buy it but I also don't want it exploding in my face.
    I think you are right, I don't think its real CCH. But the shell goes in the steel barrel when it explodes, am I wrong ?

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think you are right, I don't think its real CCH. But the shell goes in the steel barrel when it explodes, am I wrong ?
    Hmmm. I thought the shell or casing is in the receiver but the bullet goes in the steel barrel. The explosion I've seen in those gun fail videos occur when the trigger is pulled and powder or debris gets into their face. That said, I've seen videos with the barrel explode like a blooming flower and I think that was due to incorrect caliber/ammo/overheated barrel. I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid or overly cautious. If the rifle can last at least 5000 rounds, then I'd be happy.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    After all this discussion what we need is a good well written range report with pictures of targets and groups shot at distances of at least 50 and 75 yards before we all form opinions on the firearm.
    I for one am very interested in its range performance. :rockwoot:

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    Hmmm. I thought the shell or casing is in the receiver but the bullet goes in the steel barrel. The explosion I've seen in those gun fail videos occur when the trigger is pulled and powder or debris gets into their face. That said, I've seen videos with the barrel explode like a blooming flower and I think that was due to incorrect caliber/ammo/overheated barrel. I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid or overly cautious. If the rifle can last at least 5000 rounds, then I'd be happy.
    I just checked, a magnet sticks to the receiver.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Just got some hands on experience with the g force LVR 410 lever shotgun.

Gotta say it’s a pass for me.

It has difficulty locking up with multiple brands of shells, lever doesn’t want to close unless you jiggle the action a few times. Rio shells wouldn’t extract.

Ya get what you pay for. Just get American.

Top Bottom