• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Some people make think this is crazy but I have a gun I would like to "Age". I bought a Norinco 12ga pump some years ago that is an exact copy of a Winchester 97 Trench Gun. It has the Flaming Bomb and US stamp, heat shield and bayonet lug on it. It's bright blue with a matte walnut stock. My 1917 bayonet even fits on it. You can fire the thing as fast as you can by holding the trigger and just pumping the action, just like my Ithica 37 and 87 DS/PS Police/Military pumps. Only problem with this gun is it's too pretty! I'd like to rough it up a bit to make it look more the part. I don't just want to scratch it up but I would just like it to look older and not brand new. I'm not trying to fool anyone b/c I want to keep it for myself. Just an idea, might not ever do it but I just wonder if it can be done. Thanks and flame away....
    :popcorn:

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    You can also use a little chlorine if you want to make some surface rust. Talk to some modeling guys. They "age" a lot of different things in a lot of different ways. I'm sure you could get a load of ideas from someone at a hobbytown.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Take it out and use it! Go through the woods, drop it in the mud. That way you spend some quality time with it and will have good memories.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Some people make think this is crazy but I have a gun I would like to "Age". I bought a Norinco 12ga pump some years ago that is an exact copy of a Winchester 97 Trench Gun. It has the Flaming Bomb and US stamp, heat shield and bayonet lug on it. It's bright blue with a matte walnut stock. My 1917 bayonet even fits on it. You can fire the thing as fast as you can by holding the trigger and just pumping the action, just like my Ithica 37 and 87 DS/PS Police/Military pumps. Only problem with this gun is it's too pretty! I'd like to rough it up a bit to make it look more the part. I don't just want to scratch it up but I would just like it to look older and not brand new. I'm not trying to fool anyone b/c I want to keep it for myself. Just an idea, might not ever do it but I just wonder if it can be done. Thanks and flame away....
    :popcorn:

Any thing you do ON PURPOSE is going to look ON PURPOSE and fake. Just use the heck out of it. To "age" it faster don't oil it any where you can see and don't clean it any where you want aged. Store it behind the seat in a pick up, and use it. Store it in the tool box of a pick up and use it. Let teenagers use it at a trap club.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I guess just using the heck out of it is the best way. I know that some collectors have "massaged" some things to make them look original or dated. Thanks for the tips everyone.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Give it to me. I promise to use the pew pew out of it. Come find me in 10 years and I'll give it back - I bet it will have that nice well worn look you want...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Give it to me. I promise to use the pew pew out of it. Come find me in 10 years and I'll give it back - I bet it will have that nice well worn look you want...

Man, you'd do that for me? Let me get a couple case of 12ga for ya first. :yesway:

Lol.... Thanks for all the "Tips" :draw:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    if its a wood stock, you can age it by getting all your keys on one ring, take that ring and mash it against the stock to dent the wood. then take black lacquer and smear it over the stock andthen wipe off the wet lacquer, but leave the stuff in the dents and let it harden. then wetsand the whole thing and refinish it with clear wood finish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    You can brush ferric chloride onto the metal parts. That will do it. Practice first so you learn how the exposure time to the chloride affects it's own depth and degree of aging to the metal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom