• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good common sense stuff. Too bad that common sense is not so common.

Problem is that if everything Kirk posted isn't second nature to someone by the time they're an adult, it probably never will be.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    4. Give him your license, registration and insurance card. No, don't ask him for 3 pieces of ID or whatever you saw on youtube or read in Boston T. Party.

It seems like we don't have to do proof of insurance anymore (or for a while), but it is good to have it in a known location (like the ziplock) in case you are pulled over out of state. I ran into this a couple of states over and drew a total blank on the proof of insurance for a minute (was in my wallet so I wouldn't forget it, of course).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good common sense stuff. Too bad that common sense is not so common.

Problem is that if everything Kirk posted isn't second nature to someone by the time they're an adult, it probably never will be.
    I don't know about that. I didn't learn it until I was well into adulthood.

The issue is that people are not taught this stuff. They are taught to roll over and comply.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have never had an issue with the law enforcement personnel and me carrying. Respect goes a long way. Attitude is everything. If the law enforcement officer is a little on the swing between the beans side. Try to defuse the situation with genuine courtesy versus rude tone courtesy. Not what you say but how you say it. Be respectful, be kind. Haven't had an issue yet. I am even covered in tattoos from fingers to toes and drive a blacked out vehicle.
    Welcome to INGO! Stick around and keep reading. You’ll eventually learn of MANY law enforcement officers who aren’t quite as friendly or as supportive of your rights as you would like to believe.
    Don't get me wrong. There are many, many fine officers out there, but even some of the best simply follow “SOP” (standard operating procedures) set a long time ago not realizing the harm they could be doing.
    Then of course there are the few that are just jerks like the State Trooper who grabbed my pistol out of my holster and threw it on top of my van after I made the mistake of telling him up front that I was carrying.
    I believe there are many more good cops than bad, but in a normal traffic stop there is absolutely NO reason to mention your firearm(s).

Blacklabsmatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    las vegas
    personally never had an issue. dont ask dont tell. heck ive been in altercations before were a buddy was going in an ambulance; i went inside to retrieve his pistol before the next stop to the hospital. cop was right there...never said a word..

Top Bottom