How to deal with OCers and gun-friendly establishments - Just walk out!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    On INGO I heard about this going the other way... The OC guy was in a restaurant eating when he was asked to leave due to him carrying a firearm. It was at this time he responded I can leave now, or you can let me finish and pay (i.e. I will stay until you bring me the check). They let him stay and pay, at which time he left... Could have worked the opposite way though.
    The difference is the man in your example was asked to leave.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    They seem to boil everything down to sex, to the point that they call us "ammosexuals." It's like their world revolves around it. Since they constantly reference Texas, maybe they have a similar fascination with Texans or cowboys. Are all liberals living in a brokeback fantasy?

I remember that. What a great thread. We need to do a group buy on some sort of INGO Ammosexual shirts.

I thought someone on INGO would have done the Rainbow Gadsen. There was talk of it. No OC in MA but almost all of northern NE is or is going with constituional carry.
    I could see the Rainbow Gadsen workin gin MA as well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I thought someone on INGO would have done the Rainbow Gadsen. There was talk of it. No OC in MA but almost all of northern NE is or is going with constituional carry.
    I could see the Rainbow Gadsen workin gin MA as well.

Maybe a rainbow Gadsden tank top, pink shorts with INGO on the butt, and a drop leg holster.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    this is why i conceal carry

You conceal your gun so people won't use you as an excuse to skip out on their checks?

Interesting. Ridiculously so. ;)

I conceal for 2 reasons...1 is libtards. 2, if a bad guy makes an appearance and he sees I am carrying, I will more than likely be his first target.

You conceal for libtards and bad guys? You seem to have adopted a common myth as well rather than putting much thought into this.

Why does anyone need to know I carry? Again, MHO.

You look like a more generally appealing potential victim when you hide the fact that you're armed. Most criminals will avoid an armed citizen. But, you may have higher priorities than your own personal safety and defense weighing on your preferred carry method, like not offending "libtards".

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The difference is the man in your example was asked to leave.

Correct. I just remember people joking about exposing their firearm to get a free meal... Just basically pushing the antis "making them pay" as the article puts it. The man could have left without paying. But that would be of poor character, something that is obviously not of importance to this philosophy prof.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Aside from his logic errors he does mention that open carriers are activists. If people are activists they do not want to cause harm that would diminish their efforts therefore a gun carries no more weight than a sign or t-shirt at that point. I must conclude that a person who is in fear for their life because an activist is present is an unreasonable person.
    What kind of mind creates visualizations of mass murder when a gun is present?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh. Let 'em walk. After a few of them get arrested for theft of services and whatever else they get gigged with, the nonsense will stop. Being offended is no reason to chew and screw.

Depends on how smart the person is. If they walk out, and immediately call the police or establishment afterwards, I doubt a theft charge will stick.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Why are legal gun owners always under attack by these libtards? Do they really think a criminal is going to walk in and sit at a table with a gun on their hip? The mindset these people have is beyond ridiculous. I've never liked to oc, but articles like this makes me want to start oc'ing so it becomes the normal and they get off their high horse.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Apparently that is why he is a "professor". When one cannot cut the mustard doing anything else in the real world, become a professor of something or other. That requires no other skill than a Master's or PhD, and little if any real world experience.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Depends on how smart the person is. If they walk out, and immediately call the police or establishment afterwards, I doubt a theft charge will stick.

Great! INGOers will be skipping out on checks left and right now that the secret is out!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The question of leaving without paying has been raised here in regards to OCers who have been asked to leave a restaurant for OCing. The general concensus is to stay classy, pay, leave, and inform management why you won't patronize them in the future. It's legal to carry. Not legal to leave without paying just because you don't like what you see. It's theft and I think such a thief would have a tough time convincing the police otherwise.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom