• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ratman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A runner? Not familiar with that one. Yeah, the thread is old but all of his posts since he posted it for sale are in the classifieds where I can not yet post. Since he stated there, in his WTS listing that he was posting it on an auction sight, I believe that allows me to try to contact him about the listing that he created outside of the forum. Notice, I did not try to post my phone number or email address in in any kind of way. Just a genuine attempt to contact someone who has something for sale that I have been looking for a long time to find.

Maybe I am wrong and if so, I apologize.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    A runner? Not familiar with that one. Yeah, the thread is old but all of his posts since he posted it for sale are in the classifieds where I can not yet post. Since he stated there, in his WTS listing that he was posting it on an auction sight, I believe that allows me to try to contact him about the listing that he created outside of the forum. Notice, I did not try to post my phone number or email address in in any kind of way. Just a genuine attempt to contact someone who has something for sale that I have been looking for a long time to find.

Maybe I am wrong and if so, I apologize.
    If you READ the post it say “going off auction pricing”. Meaning that is how he came up with the price. Nothing about cross posting at all. You can participate in the classifieds if you pony up $20 and become a site supporter.

Ratman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you READ the post it say “going off auction pricing”. Meaning that is how he came up with the price. Nothing about cross posting at all. You can participate in the classifieds if you pony up $20 and become a site supporter.
    Holy crap...I went back and read it again and you are right. I have been looking for one in this configuration for a while now and missed several on the bay and got so excited to find one that I misread it. Totally my bad!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Runner" is the nickname we have for somebody that sees something shiny in the classifieds and then "Makes a run to 50" by quickly posting 1 liners so they can PM. We've even seen blatant ones where they literally posted numbers as if nobody is watching. (1st post "1", 2nd post "2", etc) I guess they think if they can crank out 50 posts in under 5 minutes they can get away with it.

Not that you were doing that, but I just wanted to explain what was meant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy crap...I went back and read it again and you are right. I have been looking for one in this configuration for a while now and missed several on the bay and got so excited to find one that I misread it. Totally my bad!
    You're gonna be just fine here. Welcome! :ingo:

But as for posting in a 13 year old thread...

1657663895412.png

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Now I've got to go see what all the hullabaloo is about. I have a vintage Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Daisy Powerline 880 (it's actually my son's but he won't miss it), maybe it will make some noob break the law for it!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well @Ratman , you've got three of the staff chiming in on your bump of a 13 year old thread. The record is five and that was in an introduction thread. Speaking of intro thread, I see you've checked that box.

Stick around, before you know it you'll be telling some newbie "back when I was a plinker..."

A lot of inside jokes and lingo here. My counterpart @Bigtanker used the term "Denny", that's both a thing (a verb, to "Denny" a thread means you have posted a serious comment when others are joking about the subject) around here as well as a regular contributor/valued voice here at INGO.

The State Trooper stole my wallet, the Boner Drone, the 870 the went off by itself at Shootrite, lifetime LTCH going away, the 5 year old girl who stole your gun, any thread can derail into a food discussion, all part of INGO lore.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well @Ratman , you've got three of the staff chiming in on your bump of a 13 year old thread. The record is five and that was in an introduction thread. Speaking of intro thread, I see you've checked that box.

Stick around, before you know it you'll be telling some newbie "back when I was a plinker..."

A lot of inside jokes and lingo here. My counterpart @Bigtanker used the term "Denny", that's both a thing (a verb, to "Denny" a thread means you have posted a serious comment when others are joking about the subject) around here as well as a regular contributor/valued voice here at INGO.

The State Trooper stole my wallet, the Boner Drone, the 870 the went off by itself at Shootrite, lifetime LTCH going away, the 5 year old girl who stole your gun, any thread can derail into a food discussion, all part of INGO lore.
    And yes, pineapple belongs on pizza.

Ratman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

LMAO....That is awesome!!!! The lingo is off the hook! My family moved out of Indy when I was 4 so I missed out on all of this. Thanks!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And yes, pineapple belongs on pizza.
    Right? Nobody has even asked him if he was okay with pineapple on pizza. WTH?

@Ratman Be very careful how you answer this if asked... You will make some friends, and make some enemies. Choose wisely...

iu

Top Bottom