• ...and so much more!
  • jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread like this to help INGO members pick an FFL that doesn't screw it's customers. I've had two lowers transferred now:

Cabela's in Hammond charges $35, Blythe's in Griffith charges $50. I'll never go in Blythe's again. JMO of course.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Profire Arms and Supply - Transfers

transfer%20fees.jpg

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Today i was down in southern Indiana at Falls City Firearms and he did a transfer on a pistol for $20. really quick transaction, really nice guy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bailey's Bait and Tackle between Nashville and Columbus. $20. There is a guy south of Martinsville who offered to do it for $10 for me in the last year but I've not used him yet nor do I have a name or specific location at this time. I found him last time on BATFE's site.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread like this to help INGO members pick an FFL that doesn't screw it's customers. I've had two lowers transferred now:

Cabela's in Hammond charges $35, Blythe's in Griffith charges $50. I'll never go in Blythe's again. JMO of course.

I don't think the FFL is "screwing" it's customers, it's just how much they want to deal with a transfer, the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. I personally think $50 is excessive, but apparently Blythe's thinks it is "fair".

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I don't think the FFL is "screwing" it's customers, it's just how much they want to deal with a transfer, the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. I personally think $50 is excessive, but apparently Blythe's thinks it is "fair".
    I bought a blem stripped lower from Palmetto State for $69.95. I picked Blythe's because it's closer to my house. I figured they'd have to be $35 or less. I figured wrong. $50 to transfer a $70 item feels like getting screwdriver to me.

They accept a package from UPS, they hand me a form and make a phone call. At fifty bucks a pop I'd deal with that all day.

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I bought a blem stripped lower from Palmetto State for $69.95. I picked Blythe's because it's closer to my house. I figured they'd have to be $35 or less. I figured wrong. $50 to transfer a $70 item feels like getting screwdriver to me.

They accept a package from UPS, they hand me a form and make a phone call. At fifty bucks a pop I'd deal with that all day.

I agree, I would feel like I was raped, but you just learned an expensive lesson, call and ask before you have it sent to them. I learned that with shipping via UPS, several years ago. (I sold a gun on Gunbroker, I was foolish enough to include shipping)

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Patriot arms near Clay City was 15 the last time I checked, Terre Haute guns in Riley is 10, and other then that, it seems that 20 is about the norm around here. Personally, I think Terre Haute guns has become a real tough place to beat!!!! And for what it's worth, I wouldn't pay over 20, ever.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    The best bet before having anything shipped to a dealer is talk to them first and make certain what their fees are and that they are willing to accept the shipment and make the transaction.

Last edited:

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    $50 tells me they don't want to do it at all.

Top Bottom