How many Smith and Wesson Revolvers do you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I am always looking for excuses to post this one:

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    My wife has a 4 inch nickel 10-8 and I
    have a 4 inch nickel 29-2 pinned and recessed.
    Kind of a his and hers I guess. :D
    I'd like to find a nice 41 mag.

Jeff

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    1. Mod 36
    2. Mod 19 4", Nickel, pinned & recessed
    3. Mod 686 Magna-ported, hard on the ears.
    4. Mod 57, 41mag, Nickel-Very nice!
    5. Registered 357 Magnum, original nickel finish. (only 200 made) DOM 1935. TOP THAT!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just my 686 that you see in the avatar. Had a grudge against Smith for signing on with Janet "the Antichrist" Reno's Brady bill..... Vowed never to own another Smith. Forum members convinced me it's not the same company it was.... and a few weeks later I ran into my 686 in Hummel's in Portland. Dismissed it at first, but he had a pretty good price on it. Tried the trigger pull the second time, and became, shall we say, "excited" .... came back the third time and bought it. Put a NC star red dot with Laser on it (yeah.. I know.. and I'm the one who started the range commando thread...:mallninja:...) and finally had a chance to get it out yesterday afternoon and try to get on paper at 100yds. Finally got about a six inch three shot group, and decided that as shaky as I am anyway, and a whole pot of coffee to boot, and shooting off of the red dot's box and a rolled up quilted flannel shirt... ..(which now has powder burns... can't wait to explain that one to the wife...) Oh, and having had a a large bird try to come in the windshield of MY DAD'S pickup on the way out there ... that a six inch group was pretty darn good.

And I have a question, being a Smith Revolver newbie of sorts... What's with the pinned and recessed thing? What, exactly, does it even mean? And why would you do it? Thanks in advance, Oh Wise Ones....

Top Bottom