How many gallons of diesel do you use to cut your grass.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    If I use the tractor it's 2.5 gallons of diesel and 3.5 hours of time. On the ZTR its 1.75 hours in the seat but 4 gallons of gasoline

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't use diesel, but I can get about 2.5 mowings on a 5 gallon can of gas...each mowing about 2.5 hours long.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I mow with multiple machines. One gas the other diesel. I'd bet that I go through about a gallon of diesel and roughly 4 to 5 gallons of gas per mowing. The diesel mows less.

Gas 48" Scag walk behind mower. bout an hour and 20 min if I get frisky and mow everything I want shortened. 'Bout 2 and a half gallons of hydrocarbon fuel.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've got about 5 acres to mow and or trim. When Gas/Diesel is High I cut various sections, rotating to which is highest. Instead of mowing the whole thing at one time and utilize the horses to eat the large grassy areas as much as possible. I can keep the yard grass mowed with the lawn tractor and only use the farm tractor when necessary for the large parcels. The Farm tractor cuts the time to about 4 hours but is too heavy to use near the house without disturbing the lawn. 4 - 5 gallon with the gas lawn tractor 24 HP Kawasaki 54" cut or probably 2 gallons or so with the diesel farm tractor 72" finish mower

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My little 670 JD with a 18hp Yanmar burns it at about .8 gallons/hour, spinning a 60" deck. My dad's 425 JD burns gas at about 1.2 gallon/hour with a 60" deck. If Dad runs the grass catcher, his jumps to almost 2 gallons/hour and it's all the 25hp gas motor can do to spin it.

Top Bottom