• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I'd rather drive a Prius than a Bowtie....
    THat's ok Jeremy. I"ll throw the prius in the back!

My bowties don't need a heated tailgate like the blue ovals :laugh:. We've not had good luck with fords. OUr service truck is a 08 550 with the 6.4 and it's already had to have the egr replaced and it's only got about 9k miles on it. And our dodge 1 ton has gone thru about 4 trannys. They all have their issues. Depends on wether or not you get one with issues.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My first vehicle was a heavy 3/4 Chevy in 1978 and have always had at least 1 truck ever since. I manage and sell for a landscape company and really the bed of the truck does not get used all the time but when you need it, you really need it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You only need a truck if you do manly things for yourself or others. If that doesn't fit, sure, you can get by with a Focus or a VW Beetle (the new ones; don't forget your little flower).

Or if you think you'll be plowing into a Caddy at 50mph. Pretty handy to have a truck then too.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    For us: It's not important at all.

If I/we ever have a LOT of money... We'll have one. Or two. Just because we can.

-J-

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :rolleyes:
    Or maybe the company that welded the extensions needs to learn how to weld so when the extensions are used the welds don't break.
    Right back at you...

It is as much your fault as the Company that made the extensions for you if not more your fault. You never thought to test the extensions prior to use them?! Did you specify that the extensions would be used to lift XX tons of weight when you paid to have them made?! Or maybe you went with a shop that said they could make you a set of fork extensions but just did not have the experience do do it, but they were far cheaper than going to someone that knew what they were doing... :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    THat's ok Jeremy. I"ll throw the prius in the back!

My bowties don't need a heated tailgate like the blue ovals :laugh:. We've not had good luck with fords. OUr service truck is a 08 550 with the 6.4 and it's already had to have the egr replaced and it's only got about 9k miles on it. And our dodge 1 ton has gone thru about 4 trannys. They all have their issues. Depends on wether or not you get one with issues.
    All the blue ovals we have right now are either 7.3L or 6.0L, we have not made the jump yet to a 6.4L or the 6.7L yet...

Both the Dodges I had the only good thing I had to say about them is they had good engines in them. Both had the front ends rebuilt by 90K and at least one transmission rebuild each, along with one dumping the transfer case and the other dropping the rear axle gear set. The bowties I have always had the luck to buy the one with either spring issues and suspension problems...

I have heard of people deleting the EGR on the 6.4 with decent results... :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    All the blue ovals we have right now are either 7.3L or 6.0L, we have not made the jump yet to a 6.4L or the 6.7L yet...

Both the Dodges I had the only good thing I had to say about them is they had good engines in them. Both had the front ends rebuilt by 90K and at least one transmission rebuild each, along with one dumping the transfer case and the other dropping the rear axle gear set. The bowties I have always had the luck to buy the one with either spring issues and suspension problems...

I have heard of people deleting the EGR on the 6.4 with decent results... :dunno:

I'm hoping they come out with something better than the 6.4 and less high-maintenance than the 6.7 before I need to replace mine. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. Though I do like the step on the tailgate on the 6.7s. Short legs make jumping up there very unladylike.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm hoping they come out with something better than the 6.4 and less high-maintenance than the 6.7 before I need to replace mine. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. Though I do like the step on the tailgate on the 6.7s. Short legs make jumping up there very unladylike.

That is one of the reasons we have not made a move from the 7.3 and the 6.0, they are just to stupid easy to maintain...

I have a neighbor that bought a Step tailgate out of the Junkyard and put on his 07... :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That is one of the reasons we have not made a move from the 7.3 and the 6.0, they are just to stupid easy to maintain...
    Yep. And I don't like the 6.7 styling. Too girly.

I have a neighbor that bought a Step tailgate out of the Junkyard and put on his 07... :dunno:

We just saw that a week or so ago on some guy's truck at Menards. I told Mr88GT that was another Christmas gift idea. But first I want a grill guard.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Right back at you...

It is as much your fault as the Company that made the extensions for you if not more your fault. You never thought to test the extensions prior to use them?! Did you specify that the extensions would be used to lift XX tons of weight when you paid to have them made?! Or maybe you went with a shop that said they could make you a set of fork extensions but just did not have the experience do do it, but they were far cheaper than going to someone that knew what they were doing... :popcorn:

Maybe it was Lowe's that ordered them. Maybe the forks have lifted the same thing over and over again. Maybe just maybe the fork extensions were defective. Ya know, sometimes man made things break... its crazy I know, but please try to understand some people do grasp and understand certain concepts.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Maybe it was Lowe's that ordered them. Maybe the forks have lifted the same thing over and over again. Maybe just maybe the fork extensions were defective. Ya know, sometimes man made things break... its crazy I know, but please try to understand some people do grasp and understand certain concepts.
    Ahhhh....

I see it more clearly now it was probably poorly maintained and not inspected regularly... :popcorn:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    It's very important to have the rite truck!!

DSC05930-1.jpg

This is the rite truck! and my wife bought it for me!! :rockwoot: :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Less then 3 months old.
    So what does that have to do with it. That type of equipment should be inspected before and after each use, Not to mention Monthly and Annual Load tests at 150% of rated capacity. When it is not, accidents (Negligence from the way I look at it) happens. That could have very well been someones death in that accident, instead of just damaged property...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought my 2008 F-250 6.4 brand new in 10-23-2008 that's almost 4 years ago, has 54,000 miles. I've never had any issues:rockwoot:

Top Bottom