• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I've had a brother (60) and a son (47) hospitalized with covid. Fairly serious.

Another brother died in a horse accident last January.....so I'm blaming that one on Ivermectin. :) (not something I could laugh or joke about a few months ago...but time does help heal things).
    Sorry to hear about your brother Alpo.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Another brother died in a horse accident last January.....so I'm blaming that one on Ivermectin. :) (not something I could laugh or joke about a few months ago...but time does help heal things).

So sorry to hear of your brother, prayers for you and your family…

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Besides learning to cut my own hair, I was planning to retire in 2020.
    Covid was helpful. I worked for AT&T. With everyone working from home, we were swamped. Suddenly everybody needed high speed internet at their homes. Instant 20% pay raise to keep people coming to work, and almost unlimited overtime.
    Sold my 8 year old boat, for close to what I paid for it new. Sold my campground spot for 4 times what I paid for it 12 years earlier.
    Retired, bought a new camper, moved to Texas. Sold the house before we made it to Texas for full asking price. Bought a new house, and property in Texas. Just sold the camper we lived in for 6 months for what we paid for it.

Covid sucks, but it has worked out for me so far. I’ll probably die tomorrow after posting this.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have been affected in 2 ways.

1. My wife & I both got sick with it, as did our oldest. Sucks being sick.
    Oh well, there was 1,000 ways to get sick before... now there's 1,001 ways to get sick.

2. This is much worse than getting sick. A bunch of power hungry maniacs are using it to destroy the country I spent almost my entire adult life protecting. They have managed to convince half the nation this is the plague that will kill us all, and are using that fear to amass great wealth, and political power. The entire world follows suit. Insanity rules...
    Gonna have to quote myself to make a point about this plague in general.

Take a good hard look at my #2 way that the plague has affected me.
    This thread is a prime example of that by the way. Those power hungry maniacs I spoke of, and their pedaling fear?
    Well, this is the end result of all their work.
    Everybody not in on their little scheme is left to fight it out as to what side to be on.
    Fact remains, we all end up battling for the table scraps, and bickering over who's right.
    AND, even though I, am (and people like me) are right... IT DOESN'T REALLY EVEN MATTER.
    Our money gets worth less, our rights get stripped away, we argue amongst ourselves, our livelihoods are lost, LIVES are lost...
    Meanwhile, those pricks are laughing all the way to the bank... and the White House.

COVID is dangerous, because it's scary.
    It's scary because too many people can't (or won't) think for themselves.
    This leads to leftism, and THAT, my friends... is REALLY dangerous.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Gonna have to quote myself to make a point about this plague in general.

Take a good hard look at my #2 way that the plague has affected me.
    This thread is a prime example of that by the way. Those power hungry maniacs I spoke of, and their pedaling fear?
    Well, this is the end result of all their work.
    Everybody not in on their little scheme is left to fight it out as to what side to be on.
    Fact remains, we all end up battling for the table scraps, and bickering over who's right.
    AND, even though I, am (and people like me) are right... IT DOESN'T REALLY EVEN MATTER.
    Our money gets worth less, our rights get stripped away, we argue amongst ourselves, our livelihoods are lost, LIVES are lost...
    Meanwhile, those pricks are laughing all the way to the bank... and the White House.

COVID is dangerous, because it's scary.
    It's scary because too many people can't (or won't) think for themselves.
    This leads to leftism, and THAT, my friends... is REALLY dangerous.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Best post in this thread.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't post personal info but think this is the thread. Probably had the election flu mid Jan 2020. Felt hot, tore it up in the restroom, and came home from work at noon on a Friday. Fever and chills late afternoon and broke at midnight. Fine the next day. Waited 30 hours to eat that afternoon, which probably helped.

Got married in February 2020 and dumb shutdown messed up a Paso Robles honeymoon over Spring break. Still planning to go maybe this Spring.

We're both healthy and fairly fit. Wife had an unexpected illness, not c19, and was in hospital a couple weeks in May 2020. It was terribly sad I couldn't see her. Felt like a jailbreak when I took her home. Not great experiences with hospital staff.

Work today is still part time in the office, but I retired in February. Some employers are crazy in IL. Happy to live in a small town that doesn't try to tell me what to do with masks. Had a few kids younger than mine give me mask orders which turned out poorly. Learned there's certain places I can't do business with. Has encouraged me to plan ahead and do some prepping.

Traveling in crazy times has been an adventure. Can't even buy a coffee in some states without a mask, and other places are so happy you're "maskless" dropping cash in their establishment that has been beat down by mandates. I look forward to enjoying life with my new wife and traveling. Each state and establishment will be its own adventure because individual counties have their own make-believe rules.

The wuflu has annoyed and angered me, and some of my posts may show that. On the other hand I've been quite worried about family members getting the shot, especially the grandchildren, a niece and nephew, who have a decision made for them by parents. Been hearing personally too many stories about clots, heart issues and attacks. Never thought I'd see something like all this in my life.

Overall we're happy and going to make the best of it and see a lot in the US. I'm hopeful we can travel internationally at some point as I'd wanted us to go on a Viking river cruise, starting in Portugal. But it's all screwed up. Ridiculous and sad. Interesting times but we're going to plow ahead and have fun.
    You will enjoy Paso when you make it out there. Go to the Eberle winery. They store their barrels in caves that you can walk through.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm kind of surprised at the number of people learning to cut their own hair. Granted, I do not have a complicated hairstyle (shut up, literally everybody that knows me) but I have not went to a professional barber for about 20 years now. While there were many in between, I got my first and last professional haircut from Steve the Barber in Henryville, IN. If Steve is still alive he's got to be in near 100 now, but I don't know his full name, always just Steve the Barber.

My wife didn't like me cutting my son's hair, so he has just let it grow. I'm waiting for him to start an '80s glam rock band. Since he's looking at the military soon and genetics on both sides of the family are against his hairline long term, I'm encouraging him to enjoy it while it lasts.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Depressed. Lonely. Worried about the future for myself and my country I love so much.

Distrusting of my fiancée who works in healthcare and tows the line for the COVID machine.

I’ve been praying again finally after a long brake from welcoming God in my life...asking for some answers. Hopefully God didn’t stop listening to me.
    He didn't

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Sorry to hear of your loss, Sir.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Daycare quarantined for the 2nd time in 2 months and I got a call in my tree stand that our 4 month old has a fever today. To be clear, I'm not blaming them, they are doing what they can but I tend to believe that everyone is going to get it sooner or later. No amount of vaccines/masks/quarantines is going to stop it. :wallbash:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Daycare quarantined for the 2nd time in 2 months and I got a call in my tree stand that our 4 month old has a fever today. To be clear, I'm not blaming them, they are doing what they can but I tend to believe that everyone is going to get it sooner or later. No amount of vaccines/masks/quarantines is going to stop it. :wallbash:

It has always been the case that virtually everyone will have to deal with it at some point, though that point may not even be noticeable for some while others will not make it.

That is why lockdowns were silly, the virus was go to virus anyway…

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Yep, everyone will be exposed at some point. Data suggests that the vax can lessen the symptoms. Data also suggests that most (99.6%) will recover, even if you feel like s**t for a couple days. I've personally known people who have died from complications of the virus. I've also personally known vaccinated people who have contracted the virus. I know far more who have contracted it and recovered, including my whole family of 6. No amount of lockdown, shutdown, social distance, or mask usage will stop this. This will be like the seasonal flu. It's not ever going away even if 100% take the jab, and there's a good chance that it will constantly mutate. We are stuck with it. And the shot will not end this, despite what the propaganda machine tells you.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    The only way it affected me was in that we used to do a lot of travel, and of course that was just not possible the past couple of years.
    The good part of that is that we have managed to save a lot of money, and are debt free except for the mortgage.

My wife, daughter, and I all have continued to work outside of the home, in public settings.
    My daughter's boyfriend worked as a CNA in the Covid unit of a nursing home.
    Outside of a few airplane rides, and a few doctor appointments, I have not worn a mask.
    My wife only wore when when Governor Holcomb had the mandate, and her employer enforced it.

None of us got Covid.

We have 47 family members, their spouses, and their children, living in 7 states.
    Until October 2021, none of them got Covid. My brother in law in Idaho became the first last month. He does have big time underlying medical issues though.

I have friends that I keep in regular touch with in 29 countries, and in 24 US states. In the hundreds of people, I have been aware of just 22 that got Covid.
    In the span of September 2020 to September 2021, I did not know anyone who got Covid.
    I do not know anyone personally that has passed away from Covid.

My wife and I are huge germophobes. Been washing our hands for years. Been avoiding crowds and sick people for years. We NEVER, and I mean NEVER touch our eyes and faces with our hands.
    We have left places, including church due to someone close to us being visibly ill. Have been told by people "You act like you never get sick". Well, we don't, and don't want to.

We have been doing a vitamin regimen for years. I started it after getting a cold in June of 2015, and have not been sick at all since June 5, 2015. It has been longer for my wife, despite her being a teacher until 2017.

Daily I am taking:
    10,000 IU Vitamin D3
    1000 MG Vitamin C
    250 MG Quercetin
    50 MG Zinc
    1000 MG Black Seed Oil
    Daily Probiotic

I often try other things but do not take them regularly, such as Mushroom Complex, Astragalus, Ashwagandha, Oregano Oil, Olive Leaf Extract, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Selenium, and Pomegranate Extract.

My good friend in Chile told me that we are just lucky. Who knows.

I know that many have not had this luck with Covid, and I am so sorry. It breaks my heart for the pain and suffering they have gone through.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm kind of surprised at the number of people learning to cut their own hair. Granted, I do not have a complicated hairstyle (shut up, literally everybody that knows me) but I have not went to a professional barber for about 20 years now. While there were many in between, I got my first and last professional haircut from Steve the Barber in Henryville, IN. If Steve is still alive he's got to be in near 100 now, but I don't know his full name, always just Steve the Barber.

My wife didn't like me cutting my son's hair, so he has just let it grow. I'm waiting for him to start an '80s glam rock band. Since he's looking at the military soon and genetics on both sides of the family are against his hairline long term, I'm encouraging him to enjoy it while it lasts.
    I'm too pretty to trust my hair to anyone but a professional. Because of Covid, I went without a haircut for a while and then went with a fu manchu for a few months.

Top Bottom