• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WrongWay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Hammond
    I refuse to be vaxxed, 10 days ago and colleague at work was tested positive. Company policy since I'm unvaxxed is mandatory quarantine 14 days.
    Again since I'm unvaxxed it is unpaid since I tested negative.

Five minutes ago I get a phone call from Project management, since we are approaching the end of the job he is just going to go ahead and give me a lay off.

Not worried there is lots of work out there and the hall will find me something pretty quickly, but kinda feels like a big F U to me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I refuse to be vaxxed, 10 days ago and colleague at work was tested positive. Company policy since I'm unvaxxed is mandatory quarantine 14 days.
    Again since I'm unvaxxed it is unpaid since I tested negative.

Five minutes ago I get a phone call from Project management, since we are approaching the end of the job he is just going to go ahead and give me a lay off.

Not worried there is lots of work out there and the hall will find me something pretty quickly, but kinda feels like a big F U to me.
    I got canned six weeks ago, sorry it happened to you also.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Depressed. Lonely. Worried about the future for myself and my country I love so much.

Distrusting of my fiancée who works in healthcare and tows the line for the COVID machine.

I’ve been praying again finally after a long brake from welcoming God in my life...asking for some answers. Hopefully God didn’t stop listening to me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The following is mostly speculation.

About 6 weeks ago, I had a very mild cold with a sore throat. 10 days after that, I had Bell's Palsy for 2 1/2 weeks. I suspect Covid after-the-fact, but as it was very mild, like any reasonable person, I didn't get tested.

Wow. Bells Palsy must have been scary?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Lots of employers are unfairly targeting the unvaxxed. They will tell you that they care and are trying to let employees make their own health decisions. Then in the next memo, will place unnecessary restrictions on anyone who hasn’t taken the jab. I am certain that it is all a ploy to make your life as difficult as possible to coerce you into getting the poke. My wife left her job in healthcare after 9 years for this very reason.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know, at first I was very sympathetic to the healthcare workers that were having to put in many long hours, being overwhelmed by the influx of Covid patients in the ICU, etc., but now that hospitals are firing people for not getting the vaccine, I'm beginning to think that it was all a lie from the get go.

It's quite obvious that if there were a "healthcare crisis", then they wouldn't be firing anyone. And my anger is not directed at the front line workers themselves. It's at hospital administrators that are complaining that their ICU's and ER's are overwhelmed. I think they're lying, and probably have been lying since the beginning.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Depressed. Lonely. Worried about the future for myself and my country I love so much.

Distrusting of my fiancée who works in healthcare and tows the line for the COVID machine.

I’ve been praying again finally after a long brake from welcoming God in my life...asking for some answers. Hopefully God didn’t stop listening to me.
    Hang tough.... So glad to see you're posting again.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You know, at first I was very sympathetic to the healthcare workers that were having to put in many long hours, being overwhelmed by the influx of Covid patients in the ICU, etc., but now that hospitals are firing people for not getting the vaccine, I'm beginning to think that it was all a lie from the get go.

It's quite obvious that if there were a "healthcare crisis", then they wouldn't be firing anyone. And my anger is not directed at the front line workers themselves. It's at hospital administrators that are complaining that their ICU's and ER's are overwhelmed. I think they're lying, and probably have been lying since the beginning.
    Lying about what? Hospitals are not overehelmed with patients. We are massively understaffed so we can't fill inpatient beds, i patients take up ER beds, and ER patients sit in the waiting room or choose to not receive care.

Vax mandates are stupid. Vaccinated spread COVID just as easily as unvax people. We need to stop testing. Unless you need admitted or would get antibody infusion, no testing. For anyone. If you want COVID to not be as bad, get vaccinated or check to see if you have antibodies

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For me, what I have done for the last 35 years or so was stopped dead in its tracks. Business travel. During my career I have well over a million miles as a road warrior visiting customers and suppliers. I have traveled 46 states during that time frame.

I traveled to Texas last month for the first time in over 18 months which was the longest I have ever not traveled. And now after that trip, my boss says we aren't traveling anymore. He thinks its not necessary and it saves the company a lot of money.

Wait until we lose a $5-6 million dollar program because we were $0.03 higher than a competitor that has a relationship with them.

You can conduct business to a degree via Zoom, but you really can't build relationships. And if your not going to build a relationship, then you better be the price leader, a type of organization I have never worked for.

If this is the way of sales moving forward, I'm glad I'm in the last years of my career.

Other than that, I'm concerned where this nation is heading and wonder what kind of America my grandchildren will experience.

Directly related to the flu; nothing. I am generally a healthy person, knock on wood. I think I had a flu about 25 years ago that lasted a day or two. I know I wanted to die, lol. I haven't had a cold in 4-5 years. If I get it, I'll beat it. Or I will die.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was, but I figured out it was Bell's Palsy pretty quickly. That being said, having my speech affected was disconcerting as were the other effects.
    I had a private trumpet teacher that had Bell's Palsy back when I was in middle school or maybe as a freshman in high school, but he gave me the impression that it was a permanent condition. He had it for at least a year, whatever it was, but he did say it was Bell's Palsy.

Naturally, he could no longer play trumpet, but it was like one whole side of his face was droopy.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had COVID, and it wasn’t fun. Not the sickest I’ve ever been, but definitely don’t want it again. I don’t personally know anyone who has been hospitalized or died from it. I know people who know people who have, but not me personally. I haven’t known anyone to have complications from the vaccines. What I have seen is acquaintances/friends on both sides of the argument turn into illogical, judgmental jerks over this. I think it’s really screwed up a lot of people from a psychological standpoint and we will be dealing with that for a long time. I do think one positive is that it’s opened a lot of eyes about bias in the media (both sides), the negative impact of social media, and how easily people will demonize their neighbors.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I feel fortunate reading through this thread. Nobody I know personally has gotten seriously sick or died. My job wasn’t effected at all. We were already homeschooling so that didn’t change. It’s pretty much been business as usual the whole time for us.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's kind of my point. If they're understaffed, they wouldn't be firing people, so obviously they're either 1) Lying about being understaffed, or 2) Too stupid to be in a an administrative position.
    I think it's a third. They mistakenly believe they are putting patients at risk but having unvax staff. Classic example of doing the wrong thing for a justifiable reason.

Top Bottom