• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just wanted to know how common are the Browning Hi Power Mark 2's with the matte gray finishes are. Or how common are the Browning Hi Power Mark 3's? I ask because I never see any around here locally. Also what do they generally go for used?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hi Powers in general aren't common, unless recently. I guess lots of folks are turning in Grandad's or dad's Hi Powers around here (Plainfield has about 3-4 of them right now). As for the specific on the finish and mrk 2 vs. 3 commonality, cant help much. There honestly arent enough of them floating around locally. The breakup at our local shop seems to be two Inglis (wild! Almost like a phosphate looking finish) and one mark 2, blued.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    On a second note: I have seen later model actual factual Browning HP (low wear, good finishes) for about 700 bucks, some folks writing them up to 800, maybe as low as 600 (but VERY beat up finish and "meh" internals). Inglis going for about 900 to 1100 (with wood stock :D ).

All in all: Entry level, do what I do: FEG, Charles Daly, Arcus (yeay Arcus), etc... They are decent guns, some pretty true to FN standards of the P35. I think the Charles Daly's got a bad rap: Some were spotty, some great (like my current one). They were also released when CDNN was running their 400 dollar FM Argentine HPs too, so one will see alot of "How are the CD HP?" questions on forums only to be answered with "go to CDNN, get a FM". Argh.

Arcus is an amazing gun, even their double action 98s are great. I had a 98 once, my only issue was only VERY high capacity mags would work, normal 10 or 13 round mags simply would not seat (frame literally 3mm too long). They do have a compact variant and everything fits mag wise into that. They can be had inexpensively. The best were the 94s from Arcus. 100% BHP compatibility in parts, action (Single Action) and worked flawlessly (more boxy and comic book looking than the regular HP, like Stan Lee drawing a HP). They are unfortunately ducks teeth now and I would love nothing more than to get one. I suggest the 98DAC (Compact) to anyone wanting a "first" gun and those looking to bulk up their HP collection. Very well made, just needs alot of round to finish up the final internal polishing (Bulgarians saved money on these by releasing them rough cut).

Every FEG I have had was awesome. I even had the 3 lugged barrel FEG HP clone and it was a phenominal shooter. The R9s and similar DA ones were a little meh in my book though: no parts and looked like a knockoff HP (just not right...). The Hungarians know what they are doing!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom