• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is the screening dictated by insurance companies citing the feds as the reason?
    In my state, and others, a worker's comp claim will be denied if the injured employee tests positive for drugs or alcohol (and such testing is required to preserve your benefit)

So that is essentially an insurer dictating the screening
    themselves not at federal behest

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait a minute.....are you telling there's a ditch somewhere that grows moonshine and all you gotta do is scoop it up and sell it? If so I want the coordinates please!!! :):
    Non sequitur. We are talking about growing pot on your property and processing it for illegal sale (there is more involved in making it a salable product than just cutting a plant with a machete and handing it to a customer, but you know that)

That is perfectly analogous to growing corn or grain and processing it into alcohol for illegal sale - except the growing of corn or grain is legal until you start the distilling process with it, whereas the mere growing of the marijuana is illegal

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Imagine the uproar if there was a test that showed somebody drank alcohol a month ago, and were being fired as drunk on the job or being held responsible for an accident that occurred today?
    People would be losing their minds! :lmfao:

YET they do the same thing with regard to marijuana without a second thought.
    Dumb...
    Then campaign for a higher specificity test to be developed, or better yet don't risk your livelihood just to get high

If you had been pushing the development of a test sensitive to timing of use or of some metabolite more indicative of impairment for as long as legalization has been pushed, perhaps people who can envision what a cluster**** legalization first and tests developed later will be might be less against it

But make no mistake, such tests WILL be developed and used. Being allowed to possess MJ does not mean its use will be tolerated either behind the wheel or in many fields of endeavor

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But make no mistake, such tests WILL be developed and used. Being allowed to possess MJ does not mean its use will be tolerated either behind the wheel or in many fields of endeavor
    And that's as it should be IMHO. Again, it should be treated basically like alcohol when it comes to being under the influence while at work or while driving.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There's a show on Discovery (I think), called "Moonshiners" that shows these guys making illegal moonshine out in the woods. I've always wondered how they can get away with filming someone doing that yet no charges are ever filed. :scratch:
    If I video you speeding and weaving in and out of traffic with my dash cam and show that footage to a police officer, do you think he will write you a ticket?

For many crimes an officer has to witness the illegal behavior in order to prosecute. A felon displaying a gun on face tube might get his parole revoked but otherwise no one will charge him with possessing a firearm under disability unless they catch him with it on his person

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We should outlaw dandelions. It only takes one. As soon as it moves in, the neighborhood is downhill. Oh, they claim, "it's for my salads, man!" But we all know better.
    I'm sure IngoMike will be happy to relay your complaint to the HOA for action
    The point of view that all MJ smokers are unreliable addicts and present a danger to the community at large fails to address that MJ is illegal now. And with it's illegality comes the same unreliable addicts and their associated danger to the community. Prohibition does not work. It has not, will not eliminate usage.
    So, how many is too many if it isn't 'all' - 10%, 15%?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I video you speeding and weaving in and out of traffic with my dash cam and show that footage to a police officer, do you think he will write you a ticket?

For many crimes an officer has to witness the illegal behavior in order to prosecute. A felon displaying a gun on face tube might get his parole revoked but otherwise no one will charge him with possessing a firearm under disability unless they catch him with it on his person
    But this is a regular show. Seems like it would be really easy to follow a TV film crew out to the site where they're making it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sure IngoMike will be happy to relay your complaint to the HOA for action

So, how many is too many if it isn't 'all' - 10%, 15%?
    What do you suppose the percentage of alcohol users that get behind the wheel and drive after 3 or 4 drinks at a bar is? I'm guessing it would be higher than 10 or 15%. Not talking about falling down drunk, but "legally" intoxicated.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In my state, and others, a worker's comp claim will be denied if the injured employee tests positive for drugs or alcohol (and such testing is required to preserve your benefit)

So that is essentially an insurer dictating the screening
    themselves not at federal behest
    Is that under the influence of drugs or alcohol or just having metabolites?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe it is still true that any job that requires a clearance cannot hire someone who smokes pot (unless they are a senator's or vice president's son, probably) or abuses any other drugs. It used to be that an OMVI might cost you your clearance because it raised doubts about your trustworthiness and self-control
    If legalized this will change, likely slowly, but will change…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What do you suppose the percentage of alcohol users that get behind the wheel and drive after 3 or 4 drinks at a bar is? I'm guessing it would be higher than 10 or 15%. Not talking about falling down drunk, but "legally" intoxicated.
    Is that tolerated by law enforcement and the community?

And BTW, 2 drinks in an hour can put a 180 lb man close to if not
    over 0.08

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is that tolerated by law enforcement and the community?

And BTW, 2 drinks in an hour can put a 180 lb man close to if not
    over 0.08
    Obviously it is tolerated. I have a neighborhood bar near me where the parking lot is packed all day. I never ever see a cop sitting by there waiting to pull over patrons that are leaving. Why not? Because it's tolerated.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Obviously it is tolerated. I have a neighborhood bar near me where the parking lot is packed all day. I never ever see a cop sitting by there waiting to pull over patrons that are leaving. Why not? Because it's tolerated.
    Can they just pull them over? Don't they need to observe impaired driving or have other RAS? So would sitting outside the bar even be justifiable in court?

Is it possible they don't have the manpower to sit outside of every bar, not that it is tolerated?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    weed and alcohol
    First, sorry about your loved one. I cant imagine.

Second, please be reasonable. I think you are still conflating substance abuse issues with alcohol and MJ.

Don't demand the rest of the country follow stupid laws because your loved one was a statistical outlier in regards to weed. I'd say more physical damage was done by the alcohol than the pot. So in saying that, if you arent also attacking the lawfulness and accessibility of alcohol with the same vigor as denying others' ability to partake of weed (a much less dangerous and less addictive substance studies have shown) you are being disingenuous.

I'm mostly with you on other substances, so we can agree there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can they just pull them over? Don't they need to observe impaired driving or have other RAS?
    Random road blocks are still legal, so why not put them where the drinkers are? I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here because I don't think they should do that, but I'm just pointing out that alcohol impairment is somehow more socially acceptable than MJ impairment.

Top Bottom