• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Indiana State Legislature, who are to pass laws that would indirectly end the teaching of AP US History in our state.
    Well perhaps you ought to be a bit upset with all those other bureaucrats, too. If I were paying a plumber to plumb my building, and he kept asking for more money to "build it right" but somehow could never pass the building inspection, I'd wonder where all my money was going. That's the same way I feel about public education. I don't blame "teachers" - although I've met some real losers as well as some great ones - but I damn sure blame their bosses, and the other bureaucrats who get paid to do the things that they are patently NOT DOING. State government responding to the complaints of citizens should be very far down your crap list; there are others closer to the problem who have a bunch of blame.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    State government responding to the complaints of citizens should be very far down your crap list; there are others closer to the problem who have a bunch of blame.

Were citizens complaining that that their kids had too many AP class options? Were citizens complaining to their representatives that their children need to take lots and lots of standardized tests? Were the citizens asking for schools to cook bland, healthy, processed food?

Our government creates many of the problems that they then try to "solve." Why do so many Republicans realize that government isn't the solution to healthcare, the government isn't ensuring your personal liberties are safeguarded, and the government certainly isn't being fiscally responsible with your tax dollars; yet so many of them think that increased government regulations are somehow the answer to the problems in our educational system?

The government isn't "far down my crap list", it's at the TOP. Mountains of regulations and new laws don't solve problems, they just create new ones. Any "conservative" should realize that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What is sacred about "AP" classes, whether US History or any other subject?

AP classes were not offered at my high school (graduated in 1983). I suspect the educational opportunity I had then is not inferior to what is available today in the same school system. I'd wager that it was better.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In all of this, assuming it passes, it sounds like, if these AP classes are such hot commodities and the state legislators are making them so difficult to obtain, a marketing opportunity may be opening up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

She says she wrote the students' thoughts on the board and didn't make comments, although she pointed out what was inaccurate. At that point, she says her students used the internet to research and plan their essays.

Oh, no. She didn't coach them at all. OH. MY. GOD.

"Interesting" how they all reached the exact same conclusion using all of the same talking points, yet there was no coaching.

Equally "interesting" that there were no essays submitted that deviated from the class position, yet there was no coaching.

Teacher, please!

Top Bottom