• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I get something from GOA all of the time. They send emails and snail mails all the time. At least the NRA took me off their solicitation list when I asked them to. GOA is relentless.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That stuff doesn’t bother me. If it’s snail mail, I throw it in the trash unopened nor even considered. If it’s email, I scan the “from” name and if it’s from someone I don’t care anything about, it immediately goes to the trash. Again, unopened nor considered. It’s easier (to me) to ignore that junk.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If a Life Member a simple call and tell them NO PROMO!!!
    If you renew every so many years, you write across the top of the form,
    NO PROMO!!!
    Last time I reupped, I wrote it all over the form, and that worked, haven’t had a call or a single piece of junk mail for a few years. Back when I signed up for three years at a time, it was insane. At least four calls to get it to stop. Each time, the person would say “okay, gotcha taken care of” and the avalanche of junk and spam calls and texts and emails would continue.

I don’t mind an occasional piece of junk mail, but I despise anyone blowing up my phone.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since this deviated to an NRA discussion from the original GOA post by the OP: There was a way on your online profile for NRA to opt out of mailings if I recall. The last time I did it there it worked. Previously it was a major pain.

Some info here in contacting them to opt out. I thought I had remembered it being on the online profile but maybe not.

Last edited:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I like getting the goa emails….. keeps me updated on all the legal happenings

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Since this deviated to an NRA discussion from the original GOA post by the OP: There was a way on your online profile for NRA to opt out of mailings if I recall. The last time I did it there it worked. Previously it was a major pain.

Some info here in contacting them to opt out. I thought I had remembered it being on the online profile but maybe not.
    It does seem like there was a box to click or something awhile back. Maybe I’m thinking of opting out of a physical copy of the magazine. Anyway, I actually sent in a form either the last time I reupped or maybe the time before.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I just give a fake phone number to companies and organizations that I don't want to get marketing from. I don't care about "spam" emails or snail mail; it's easy enough to ignore snail mail and set my email rules to ignore the emails.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The “Unsubscribe” option that appears just below the sender in e-mails received on iPhone is a beautiful thing. I’ve become diligent about using it and my e-mail has been reduced by about 80%.

Top Bottom