• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Saw a video of it on facebook - disgusting.

Other than really good situational awareness there isn't much you can do about getting sucker punched from behind. I can tell you I would interpret this as an immediate threat on my life or the life of someone around me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not new....

...this game in almost completely perpetrated by inner city black youths. They tend to do assault people while in groups of three or more and tend to do it in places "off the beaten path." I tend to be wary of any group of unsupervised kids, so it's not an issue for me (besides the other obvious reason), but best bet is simply be aware of your surroundings.

One other thing I might point out, is that if one attacks you, you don't have carte blanche to engage the others. Often the assault takes the others youths by surprise as often as it does the victim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    This has been a popular passtime here in Illinois for several years. Champaign Illinois has had a version called "Polar Bear Hunting" by black youths with usually older white men as the victims. Jim.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a macho thing? It's a cowardice thing.

This has been a popular passtime here in Illinois for several years. Champaign Illinois has had a version called "Polar Bear Hunting" by black youths with usually older white men as the victims. Jim.

It's not new....

...this game in almost completely perpetrated by inner city black youths. They tend to do assault people while in groups of three or more and tend to do it in places "off the beaten path." I tend to be wary of any group of unsupervised kids, so it's not an issue for me (besides the other obvious reason), but best bet is simply be aware of your surroundings.

One other thing I might point out, is that if one attacks you, you don't have carte blanche to engage the others. Often the assault takes the others youths by surprise as often as it does the victim.

Sad thing is this sport of cowards perpetuates racial stereotyping and animosity. If they're successful, engaging the others will not be of your concern as you're lying down in gutter.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It would more than likely be a no win situation. Even if you successfully defend your life you might not be able to defend your freedom.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's not new, we've had bunches of threads on this. Regardless, Hackathorn's First Law trumps all: don't go where you don't belong.

Don't be walking down alley like a full value numbnuts.

Gunhandling trumps marksmanship, mindset trumps both.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It would more than likely be a no win situation. Even if you successfully defend your life you might not be able to defend your freedom.
    Likely true. Even if you don't go to prison, you will be bankrupted defending yourself. I guess we should just take our ass whipping.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I posted the video last night about this and one of my former marines who wants to be a dj posts a reply with a trayvon martin song he came up with. Really dude you have clear evidence this is happening. I guess for some people the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If anyone wants to see to believe will post a link later. I would have no problem if I could avoid ithe punch firing back and taking one of these wanna be thugs out.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    nothing new here. it is just pathetic. once one of these black kids gets shot by a white adult though, the media will be all over it calling it a hate crime and yada yada. The things people do....:dunno:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    nothing new here. it is just pathetic. once one of these black kids gets shot by a white adult though, the media will be all over it calling it a hate crime and yada yada. The things people do....:dunno:

it is a hate crime.

I hate getting beat up!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Blitz attacks like these have been going on for some time now. I lived in Champaign most of my life and I do remember the "Polar Bear Attacks". I'm in Terre Haute now and they go on here too though not as much as in other areas. I just avoided dark alleys for one and I avoided certain areas of town they tended to happen most and if I HAD to go into those areas, I did it in the daytime when it is much harder for a person to sneak up on a person who is aware of their surroundings. Notice those shadows and reflections in the windows and it gets hard to be taken unaware. Of course I was armed with the lawful lock blade of no more than 4" back then but my hands were sufficient for most situations too. I was younger, stronger, it was before my debilitating accident and most folks looked for a less scary target than I was then for this sort of thing.

These sorts look for the weak and unaware so don't look weak nor unaware and this will go a long way towards the avoidance of such an attack.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Obviously a total surprise attack may get you hurt but this is why i think learning self defense tactics along with situational awareness
    is as important as carrying. Even if there were legal issues defending
    yourself they would probably be much easier to fight in court when a firearm was not involved.
    I've thought about and discussed this a lot lately with others. Just sucks because in my area
    there is really nothing close enough, that i know of, to be able to participate in several times a week.:(

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It's not new, we've had bunches of threads on this. Regardless, Hackathorn's First Law trumps all: don't go where you don't belong.

Don't be walking down alley like a full value numbnuts.

Gunhandling trumps marksmanship, mindset trumps both.

I understand what you are saying...but am I the only one who is irritated by the fact that there might be a public place in these United States that I should be afraid to be in?? Time to change that...

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I understand what you are saying...but am I the only one who is irritated by the fact that there might be a public place in these United States that I should be afraid to be in?? Time to change that...

You're not the only one, and it doesn't seem to work both ways either.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I remember in high school, 1994-ish, I was walking in front of our library while changing classes and I got hit in the side of my face from behind. I didn't tell a teacher because it wasn't that bad (and it felt a bit embarrassing to take a hit to the face as a kid). I didn't see the kid, but my friend did. I did tell my parents, and they called the school. I got called to the office the next day and I think the kid caught a suspension. I'd say this "blind side punching" of people isn't a new phenomenon. I lived in Maryland, about 20 miles from DC, at the time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Hot New Game Called "Knockout" | Java Joel

How would you go about preventing yourself involuntarily involving yourself into this new game?

...by

1) Not going to Stupid Places (high crime areas, places where the demographic most prone to engage in this idiocy tend to congregate, etc...)

2) Maintaining constant Condition Yellow awareness when out in public to avoid being blindsided by nefarious individuals or 'gangsta' groups attacking random strangers...

3) Open carrying to communicate one's ability to match their 'Knockout game' with a hot new game called 'Sucking Chest Wound'... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I remember in high school, 1994-ish, I was walking in front of our library while changing classes and I got hit in the side of my face from behind. I didn't tell a teacher because it wasn't that bad (and it felt a bit embarrassing to take a hit to the face as a kid). I didn't see the kid, but my friend did. I did tell my parents, and they called the school. I got called to the office the next day and I think the kid caught a suspension. I'd say this "blind side punching" of people isn't a new phenomenon. I lived in Maryland, about 20 miles from DC, at the time.
    I was hit back in middle school. Was shipped over to Shortridge doing a double magnet program for Math/Science and Telecommunications. Well the local kids didn't like me because i didn't take crap. One day walking to the bus i was hit and my head bounced off the wall. I saw the kid running down the hall i gave chase couldn't find him once outside. The next day i saw him and called him an explicit term. Then when walking to the bus after school i saw him and next thing i knew i had about 6of them tackle me into the snow kicking me in the head. Luckily i only felt the first initials kicks then i was done. Woke up in the police officers office with a tape recorder in front of me. Needless to say the other 5 got away with it since they didn't go there. The one who did was ID'd by multiple people .We went to court over it and a bus driver saw it happen so she came as a witness. We went 2 seperate times to court and he never showed up. The third time they told the bust driver not to come because he was getting charged no matter what because of the evidence or whatever. Needless to say he was sent to juvy and i just laughed. It's what he gets. Only time i lost a fight. But then again i don't count it because jumping someone without them knowing is not a fight.

That was a bit off topic. But if i saw this Knockout game happen i would probably intervene. I saw a video of a guy doing it to a Lady and it pissed me off.

Top Bottom