• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    It seems from reading your previous posts that if anyone criticizes the actions of 1 cop, you & a few others take it as some kind of attack against all cops.

Again, Let's stick to the facts in this case:

According to the Nassau County Police:

The BG points a gun at the cop

The cop immediately opens fire on the BG.

The first 7 rounds hit & kill the BG

The 8th & final round fired by the cop hits the hostage in the head & killing her.

where did you read the first 7 rounds hit the bg? All i read was 7 rounds hit him and 1 hit her. Nothing i read said what order they went in.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Indy625shooter,

Let's stick to the facts in this case:

The 8th & final round fired by the cop hits the hostage in the head & killing her.

It's absolutely reckless.
    We appreciate your opinion on the matter. I am sure it is solidly based on FOF training and experience with life/death situations such as these.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    It seems from reading your previous posts that if anyone criticizes the actions of 1 cop, you & a few others take it as some kind of attack against all cops.

Maybe I missed this, but how do we know that the 8th and final round killed the hostage?

All we know is that 7 shots hit the perp and one hit the hostage. Could have been any of the shots, you're just assuming it was the final one.

I read back through the report in the OP. Is there something I'm missing?

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Very sad situation for the girl and her family. I'm a bit surprised nobody has brought up the officer previously working for NYPD. Not saying he was right or wrong, but that department has made some headlines for letting the lead fly. Product of environment? /purple?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I will make sure to consult the INGO experts before such incidents. INGO...where the internet badasses hang out.

Sometimes **** happens when bullets are flying. This is 100% the fault of the d-bag who grabbed a hostage when confronted by the police.

It's unfortunate, but again, **** happens. You can't expect a police officer to not fire when someone points a gun at him, hostage or not.

Maybe someday you'll be confronted with a no-win situation and we can all sit back and insult you and second-guess you over how you handle it.

And how do you know it was the 8th and final round that killed the hostage? And how do you know, even if it was, that the first seven rounds killed the bad guy BEFORE the hostage got hit?

You don't know jack **** about this situation.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

No I'm not but as a subject of this type of "armchair quarterbacking" I understand that things are not always how they look or as they are reported. Ever fire at someone who then moves? Is it possible that the bad guy moved the hostage INTO the line of fire? I did not see anywhere that said the 8th shot was the fatal one for her. There are SO many variables in these types of situations. Sure, the officer could have fired recklessly OR maybe it was a tragic chain of events. In the end, right or wrong, the officer has a dead innocent on his hands and he is responsible for that...reckless or not.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Threatening to kill her. Check. Get him to move the gun away from her. Check. Points it at officer. Check. open fire on the guy. Check.

Really don't see what the officer could've done any differently? It's a sad situation regardless.

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Shouldn't the second shot have been sufficient eanough seeing as he was hit with every round? Did the suspect even fire? Why dump a full clip when shooting toward friendly?.This guy was a previous ny cop for 10 years?hostility anyone?. Not trying to bash cop but I say he made bad judgment and took an innocent life

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Shouldn't the second shot have been sufficient eanough seeing as he was hit with every round? Did the suspect even fire? Why dump a full clip when shooting toward friendly?.This guy was a previous ny cop for 10 years?hostility anyone?. Not trying to bash cop but I say he made bad judgment and took an innocent life

You should probably watch some of the videos posted on here. Two shots won't necessarily drop a target. You fire until the threat is eliminated.

Also, magazine* Just... before someone rips into you about that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Pistols don't shut many people down. I've seen people walking around after being shot in the head or shot 10 times. It is rather incredible.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Indy625shooter,

Where are you getting your "facts?" I read the one and only news source that was posted prior to this post. All I read was that the officer fired eight rounds, seven hit the guy, one hit the hostage. No where in the Fox News article did it say the order of the shots. Given what was posted in this thread and what I read, it could have been the first shot that killed her.

Again, can you post us a link to these "facts" in regards to the order in which the bullets were fired and what they struck.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Pistols don't shut many people down. I've seen people walking around after being shot in the head or shot 10 times. It is rather incredible.
    Hold on just a cotton picking minute......
    You mean that people don't fly 30ft back when they are shot?!
    Man...what are you going to try and sell next? Hollywood would never lie to us!!!!
    :dunno::popcorn:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Indy625shooter,

where did you read the first 7 rounds hit the bg? All i read was 7 rounds hit him and 1 hit her. Nothing i read said what order they went in.

^^^ Beat me to it. If you are gonna preach about facts I'd make sure I'm quoting some actual ones first.

Don't have any factual details as of yet. Could the officer retreat for cover as the suspect pointed the gun? Or was the officer in a situation where cover wasn't an option, a narrow hallway maybe? Did the first round hit the victim and the officer made the decision to finish the suspect off or did the first 7 hit the suspect and then the 8th the victim? I don't know :dunno:

All I can say for sure is I feel for all parties involved. And I hope I'm never put in a situation where I have to make a call like the officer had to.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It's entirely possible his first shot killed the poor girl, dropping her and opening things up for him to put the other 7 in the bad guy.

It's also entirely possible he freaked out and started spraying recklessly.

None of us that weren't there will ever know which.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    Where are you getting your "facts?" I read the one and only news source that was posted prior to this post. All I read was that the officer fired eight rounds, seven hit the guy, one hit the hostage. No where in the Fox News article did it say the order of the shots. Given what was posted in this thread and what I read, it could have been the first shot that killed her.

Again, can you post us a link to these "facts" in regards to the order in which the bullets were fired and what they struck.

According to a surviving hostage & Nassau Police:

"Smith was hit by seven bullets and died at the scene. The eighth struck Andrea Rebello."

Hofstra University hostages: John Kourtessis tells of seeing Andrea Rebello shot dead | Mail Online

Top Bottom