• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So, just so I understand the argument, individuals will shop for the best insurance but companies don't because...why, exactly? Employers allowing employees to pool was the only way for those with preexisting conditions to get insurance for quite awhile...
    The employer that I retired from and provides my under 65 health insurance is self insured. Cheaper for them to pay the bill and hire a company to administer the paperwork.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People that have way more money than me do control their healthcare by paying cash. Maybe the system should be changed. My proposal is to stop employer provided insurance, take away the employer deduction and give the deduction to the people, but the sheeple believe they get “free” healthcare and no matter the explanation they still do not get it.
    I think that’s part of it. We need more than that. Sever the link between healthcare providers and insurance companies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think that’s part of it. We need more than that. Sever the link between healthcare providers and insurance companies.
    At least in my scenario one of the layers has been cut out, The patient is at least the customer of the insurance company but agree severing the provider insurance connection would be optimal…

Top Bottom