• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    One of the things that really complicates ALL the pricing is that the logical and emotional definition of money changes and has been changing at break neck speed for 3 years. My grandfather taught me not to think about the numbers, but think about the real cost, your life.

I was working in my trade and making about middle of the average for my job. My first home, a beat up, fixer upper 900 SQ ft slab ranch in an older starter neighborhood. The purchase price 2.5 times my annual gross income. The FHA loan was really more expensive by the time you added in PMI points but it allowed a 5% down payment. 15 plus percent interest. It was a painful payment, but I had a wife and a kid to feed. Worked on the side and drove rusty old cars with no payment so we could eat every day.

The war on the psyche of young adults has changed the understanding of all aspects of life, to make everything appear impossible, and to make the past appear easy. Both points are largely distorted. Failure to see through the fog will create an entire generation of slaves.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Like I said. Boomers just don't "get it" and never will.

And, lol at the fact that the secret is apparently just to get paid by other people's taxes, or to buy houses taken by the government and auctioned. "The secret ingredient is the government gave us stuff". Good for you guys, my generation's check must still be in the mail.

Wish I could say your homes will be cheap when you die, but you're all selling them to Blackrock to rent back to us before that happens.
    Good news for you Ark, Biden going to give you our money to help you out so you can buy a house.

“Biden has attempted to create incentives for Americans to buy homes despite a shortage, reaffirming his call on Thursday for Congress to give a $5,000 annual tax credit for two years to first-time home buyers to offset mortgage costs. The White House claims that the subsidy would offset mortgage rates by “more than 1.5 percentage points” and increase the number of families buying homes by 3.5 million, according to a White House fact sheet.”

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone reading this thread from newest post to older would think Housing Prices were "Horrifying"
    I can see your point, and it is a good one. Here is how I see the flow beginning at the start, and developing to here.

It started with the problem of many women selling out for selfish interests, lack of accountability and lack of honor. Then it went to the spousal unsuitability of the modern 3rd and 4th wave feminists.

It did meander to progressive policies that have made our economy difficult were almost entirely supported by women voters. It was enforced by the perversion of justice in the "family courts". The housing difficulties are just another problem that manifests when people who have no personal responsibility are a large voting block.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Simple: They got in before women got ruined. Just like they got in before housing got ruined, before employment got ruined, before Mopar A-bodies got ruined, before CMP guns got ruined, etc etc. Everything was cheap and abundant and easy and the boomers just don't have the self-awareness or critical thinking skills to ask themselves why younger people can't achieve all the things that came to them so easily.

View attachment 356556
    Hate to break your bubble here, but married 22 years this coming saturday and we're not boomers. Not even close. Gen X. The forgotten ones.

Our first starter home was 1400sqft cookie cutter in Fishers on less than 1/4 acre. That house in 2001 was $115k. In todays inflated monies that would be about $220k. THIS ONE IS CLOSE to what we had and is at $265k. In fact there's dozens of homes in that area in the 250-300k range depending on size, lot size/location etc. That's not $400k, and it's not my fault housing has increase. We built what was supposed to be our dream home/retirement in 2004.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I didn't exactly take into consideration what the effect of me working hard, constantly striving to increase my salary and making good decisions would have on whiners 20 years into the future. Mostly because I don't feel any responsibility for people who can't seem to figure out life or blame everything except themselves for their failures.

I had to check to make sure this is INGO and not Reddit.

:):
    +1. No degree, worked my ass off to better myself and here I am ready for early retirement with a loving wife of 22 years. Shame on me I guess? I should have never made something of our lives I guess.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Good news for you Ark, Biden going to give you our money to help you out so you can buy a house.

“Biden has attempted to create incentives for Americans to buy homes despite a shortage, reaffirming his call on Thursday for Congress to give a $5,000 annual tax credit for two years to first-time home buyers to offset mortgage costs. The White House claims that the subsidy would offset mortgage rates by “more than 1.5 percentage points” and increase the number of families buying homes by 3.5 million, according to a White House fact sheet.”

Well he said that about student loans, and that was a lie, too. Turns out only the progs and government workers got that.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    +1. No degree, worked my ass off to better myself and here I am ready for early retirement with a loving wife of 22 years. Shame on me I guess? I should have never made something of our lives I guess.
    Bob, I'm beginning to think you're a brother from another mother!

And aside from what's been posted, TikTok has had a lot to due with younger women and what they are after these days. They are going for that "dream" they see posted online, which we all know is far from reality.

Top Bottom