• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    all summer we had the bald face hornets bothering us and the giant killer mutant yellow jackets. Found the hornets nest, about 35 feet up in a tree. so I thinks to my self I wonder if I can shoot the branch that is holding it. Easy enough! Loaded some .22 in my Winchester 250 with no scope and started lining up. 1st off my wife went into the house saying hes going to get stung.. mumble mumble.
    In my defense I looked at the nest for some time and saw no hornets after all we had a few good frosts! I line up and shot after shot the nest did not move much. Ok before you think I am such a terrible shot, the branch was maybe a 1/4" and it was moving around... finally after 10 shots or so I decided to change it up and use my trusty 20 ga. Well 4 shots later it fell and landed in a group off branches 12' off the ground. Frustrated I got a piece of pvc pipe and pushed it down and it fell right into the trash can. I bagged it and left it outside for another frost to work on anything that might now be pissed off from the experience. No stings but I was standing leaning up against the tree with the gun in a fork of a branch.. that was one tough branch. So anybody want a medium sized hornets nest?? Let me know. Located in Grant county.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I live out in the middle of nowhere.. But I aimed in the direction of a orphanage.. Kidding, I was almost straight up. But in a direction that nobody lives for about 3 miles. Although I might have punched a hole in the ozone...shot down a satellite.. Put a hole in the moon or caused the sun to burn out a thousand years early.. :rolleyes: Next:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I live out in the middle of nowhere.. But I aimed in the direction of a orphanage.. Kidding, I was almost straight up. But in a direction that nobody lives for about 3 miles. Although I might have punched a hole in the ozone...shot down a satellite.. Put a hole in the moon or caused the sun to burn out a thousand years early.. :rolleyes: Next:

Sounds like you put some thought into it.

Top Bottom