• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    In the 70s and 80s there were two types of permits.

The “Hunting and Target Permit” and the “Personal Protection Permit”.

You had to have one or the other to leave your land with a handgun.

I thought there was no open carry allowed except while hunting or shooting at a range.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    My first permit was for "Hunting and Target". That was in 67. I didn't have a good enough reason to get a "Personal Protection Permit"
    I know that there were two types at that time.
    After that I got my bartender's license and had the bar owner to write my "need for" letter and got my permit to carry concealed.
    At that time you had to explain "why" you needed to carry a concealed handgun and the sherrif or chief of police could disapprove your request at their level with out even telling you why.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    In the 70s and 80s there were two types of permits.

The “Hunting and Target Permit” and the “Personal Protection Permit”.

You had to have one or the other to leave your land with a handgun.

I thought there was no open carry allowed except while hunting or shooting at a range.

I think I first got my LTCH in the mid/late 80's. This was before the Life time option was on the books. I had the 4 year deal 2 or 3 times before the Lifetime came about. Anyway that is EXACTLY how it was phrased "Hunting and Target" or "Personal Protection". Concealment was NEVER mentioned anywhere to my knowledge. I THOUGHT it had to be concealed and so did ALL my friends and pretty much anyone I ever brought it up to.

To this day I'm not sure where that idea came from. I guess it was all the countless gun magazines at the time and the fact that a lot of state do have CC as the law of the land. I must have read thousands of Gun Rags before the Web/Internet became available to civilians.

Top Bottom