• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My comment was not really about the migrant situation, just about flags in general.
    Just saying that you can be proud of your country/flag and still hate the current political/economical situation in your country.
    Howbout getting all these caravans together and protest marching with their flags in their own countries?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My comment was not really about the migrant situation, just about flags in general.
    Just saying that you can be proud of your country/flag and still hate the current political/economical situation in your country.

But you are 100% wrong about the Democrats. the progs, the left, antifa &al.

The rank and file that were brought up in the Democrat party of their parents are not included in that and more and more are #walkaway.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So all the networks seem to be going ape**** over the use of tear gas.
    Acting as if it's something new.
    Also acting as if it was done "for no reason".

No no, lets all come down on Trump when he says "fake news" he's just trying to stop the 1st Amendment.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No no, lets all come down on Trump when he says "fake news" he's just trying to stop the 1st Amendment.
    When Trump isn’t ripping babies from their momma’s arms and tossing them in cages he’s gassing them down on the border.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Credit where credit is due.

46495382_782809075399495_2832563809686650880_n.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really don't see the left displaying the American flag.If it is a flag pole in a yard or a flag sticker on their vehicle,it is most likely a Conservative.That is my observation.Prove me wrong.

How in the world can you even quantify that? Short of knocking on doors, how is one able to tell if a person properly displaying an American flag is liberal or conservative?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    How in the world can you even quantify that? Short of knocking on doors, how is one able to tell if a person properly displaying an American flag is liberal or conservative?

Liberals complain if you fly the flag.
    Liberals ram your car if you display the flag.
    Liberals burn the flag at anti-American rallies.
    Liberals kneel to the flag rather than saluting it.

Can you really see conservatives doing any of these things? Me either. :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Hate to jump in here... and further hate to contribute to the tribalism...

But let's be honest.

If you see a Gadsden Flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see a "COEXIST" tag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see a Confederate flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see an Anarcho-capitalism flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?

Not saying I like it, and not saying I think it should be true of everyone... but today's divisiveness has relegated the American flag to strongly favor one side of the political spectrum. In that... I can't see an "out and about" liberal proudly deciding to display the American flag on their Prius. They know they would be misunderstood to be Patriotic, and right-leaning.

The American Flag has lost a lot of its impact and meaning, and become just another political tag.

The homes I see in my neighborhood flying a flag? I can say, with 95% certainty, they probably lean right.

The "right" seems more proud of their country. The hard-left seems content with bashing their country.

I say this, as always, as a voice of reason... aiming from the middle.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

But let's be honest.

If you see a Gadsden Flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see a "COEXIST" tag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see a Confederate flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?
    If you see an Anarcho-capitalism flag, what do you assume the person's political affiliation is?

Not saying I like it, and not saying I think it should be true of everyone... but today's divisiveness has relegated the American flag to strongly favor one side of the political spectrum. In that... I can't see an "out and about" liberal proudly deciding to display the American flag on their Prius. They know they would be misunderstood to be Patriotic, and right-leaning.

The American Flag has lost a lot of its impact and meaning, and become just another political tag.

The homes I see in my neighborhood flying a flag? I can say, with 95% certainty, they probably lean right.

The "right" seems more proud of their country. The hard-left seems content with bashing their country.

Probably a good assesment except for the Confederate flag. I think it would be 50/50. Sure media want you to believe it's only racist righties

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

But let's be honest.

The flags you mentioned apply to subsets of American society, whilst the American flag encompasses all. Admittedly, you see more desecration of the flag, by those from the left, but to say that people that identify as liberals don't display the flag (in good numbers) is ABSOLUTELY wrong, and is nothing more than an attempt to justify preconceived notions.

....There are LOTS of American flags, at liberal homes adorning mantles, hanging in windows, and on flag poles... and always have been.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The flags you mentioned apply to subsets of American society, whilst the American flag encompasses all. Admittedly, you see more desecration of the flag, by those from the left, but to say that people that identify as liberals don't display the flag (in good numbers) is ABSOLUTELY wrong, and is nothing more than an attempt to justify preconceived notions.

....There are LOTS of American flags, at liberal homes adorning mantles, hanging in windows, and on flag poles... and always have been.
    Yeah, false patriotism is a real problem. Was after 9/11 Too. Being patriotic was popular and hip. That sure died fast. The left can't wait to get back to calling us military and vets babykillers and oil whores.

I'm not saying there arent some on the left that love America and the flag for what it stands for. But I believe there are more on the left who would hand it all over in a heartbeat for their own selfish reasons. ****em.

The right will be the 3% again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    whilst the American flag encompasses all.

It should!

Admittedly, you see more desecration of the flag, by those from the left, but to say that people that identify as liberals don't display the flag (in good numbers) is ABSOLUTELY wrong, and is nothing more than an attempt to justify preconceived notions.

I dunno man. I don't have examples to build this opinion off of... but I don't see "left-leaning" demonstrators flying the stars and stripes all that often.

Maybe it's closer than I think... but I'd put money that the majority would be right-leaning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, false patriotism is a real problem. Was after 9/11 Too. Being patriotic was popular and hip. That sure died fast. The left can't wait to get back to calling us military and vets babykillers and oil whores

My pop is a what many here would call a liberal. For years he volunteered his time, at Crown Hill, along with some his other vet friends, to hand out flags on holidays for people to place on graves.
    For as many people that call liberals "the enemy," or "wanting to destroy America," I would think it odd that they would ever have the opportunity to know one that actually refuted their beliefs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom