• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you've never noticed, Indy Public Safety (Now Homeland Security) has a number of SUVs. For the FD and the folks who used to be Emergency Management responders, the justification for 4WD vehicles was to make it possible to get around in bad weather, and larger size vehicles allowed for the various types of gear needed for emergency response and personal protection. Police Departments in our environment generally have at least one or two for the same purpose.

For the Feds, pretty much the same reasoning applies, especially for supervisors or officers who have specialized equipment. As was said upthread, the cost via government bulk purchase contract isn't substantially more than a similarly equipped sedan.

Quit covering; we all know the SUVs are used because all the space in the back makes for quidker/easier to grab and go in the early stages of extraordinary rendition.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I dunno fellas, i never liked the name "Homeland security". Sounds to similar to "Security for the fatherland or motherland" to me.

A little too Stasi or Gestapo sounding for me, why couldnt they just throw some letters together like everybody else?

Top Bottom