This one?

DHS+SUV+White.jpg

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    There is a man who drives one of those SUV's pictures above that comes to my work all the time. He is a super cool guy, and seems to be pro-gun. I see almost everyday I work, so I assume he is stationed and works in the New Albany area.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My ignorance will show but, I didn't know there was such a thing as "Federal Police". This new?

There are many agencies that are federal police forces.
    Like the national parks police and such.Over 90 agencies I think.Yep that's a lot of federal law enforcement agencies. :n00b:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why do they need these $50-60K vehicles. As a poster said usually they are security for federal buildings etc. They drive to work and then home from work, what do they need these big SUV's for? Are they hauling a lot of gear, and from where to where etc.?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Why do they need these $50-60K vehicles. As a poster said usually they are security for federal buildings etc. They drive to work and then home from work, what do they need these big SUV's for? Are they hauling a lot of gear, and from where to where etc.?

I dropped a co-worker off at the federal building in downtown Indy one morning, and pulled up behind one of these SUV's. The back gate was open and two Homeland Security LEO's were standing at the rear. The SUV had one of those double drawer compartment dressers which was custom fit for the entire rear of the SUV and it was almost as high as the bottom of the back hatch window glass if the gate was closed.

One guy was pulling out what appeared to be some sort of black tactical vest from the compartment and the other guy looked to be just looking into the drawer nosing around a little bit.

So, it looked like this particular SUV had a TON of gear in it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

First mistake is presuming that government entities pay what the general public pays...

Hint: They don't. Generally not even close.

-J-

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Not as creepy as the black SUVs the VA that just say united states police with the us crest. My dad saw three of those in or neighborhood on 10th street during a drug bust or whatever it was. They had a swat team roll up in a van, and the nice guy that "lives" down the street was there in his unmarked truck with an FBI jacket on. Asher they took the guy out the back, guys in paper suits spent the next hour packing boxes into an unmarked SUV and they were gone like ninja vanish quick.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Not as creepy as the black SUVs the VA that just say united states police with the us crest. My dad saw three of those in or neighborhood on 10th street during a drug bust or whatever it was. They had a swat team roll up in a van, and the nice guy that "lives" down the street was there in his unmarked truck with an FBI jacket on. Asher they took the guy out the back, guys in paper suits spent the next hour packing boxes into an unmarked SUV and they were gone like ninja vanish quick.

is this a joke?

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    is this a joke?

Nope. I didn't believe it either until my brother told me he saw it, and one of the neighbors asked me about it because he sweats I'm a Fed lol. I'm miffed that a guy that recently moved in is a Gman and nobody knew. Thought my dad would've picked that up quick.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Nope. I didn't believe it either until my brother told me he saw it, and one of the neighbors asked me about it because he sweats I'm a Fed lol. I'm miffed that a guy that recently moved in is a Gman and nobody knew. Thought my dad would've picked that up quick.

is the fbi guy still around or did he move on?

jake

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

The VA police do not do "drug raids", period. Indy has the one black SUV and thats it. They do not have any kind of SOP in place to allow those kinds of actions.

Top Bottom