• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have been holster shopping for my 2 1/4 inch SP101 357 mag lately and would like to see what others are using. I can find a few online but not too many in person. If anyone has pics to share I would really appreciate it.

I currently have a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holster I purchased when I bought the gun just so I would have something so I can carry it. I would really like to find a higher quality IWB holster. I like leather but am not opposed to other materials.

Please share your SP101 CC and OC holster pictures and let me know what you think of the holsters.

Thanks for helping me shop wisely.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If you are interested, I have a couple SP-101 leather OWB holsters I got with a package of stuff at an auction. One has a snap retention strap, the other has had the strap cut off. Both are well used but in decent shape. Also have a Hogue grip for the SP-101. Free for the taking if you want them.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Can you ship?

If you are interested, I have a couple SP-101 leather OWB holsters I got with a package of stuff at an auction. One has a snap retention strap, the other has had the strap cut off. Both are well used but in decent shape. Also have a Hogue grip for the SP-101. Free for the taking if you want them.

Thanks for the offer, that's really sweet of you. Can you ship them? I'll gladly pay for your shipping fees.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    ...I really regret selling my SP101.....

OK, on the other hand, I used a High Noon "Split Decision" tuckable IWB holster. It's very affordable and I have no complaints. It did what it was supposed to do. Here is the link and also the only picture I ever took of it! Good luck!
    Split Decision

0126012157.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a Mitch Rosen open top OWB for mine right now. Great leather..

For like 20 years, I used a Safariland open top holster made for a Colt Detective Special. I bought it with the pistol because nobody made holsters for the Ruger when it first came out.

For IWB I recommend www.kramerleather.com

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I use a leather DeSante open top OWB for my Taurus snubbie .357mag. It's almost identical to the SP101. I would think it would be a great fit.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville

Would either of the holsters fit a 3 inch barrel SP101? Also, if you are not interested in the Hogue grip, I would. My hands are too big for the stock grips. I have my trigger buttery smooth now, but I do not shoot it well because of the small grips (I think). Got a set of Pachmyers on order, but they have been backordered for a month now.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I use a ROSS M4H holster for my 2 3/4 inch .357 SP101. It is really well made leathe and has a "middle finger snap" to accomodate a bobbed hammer. Once you practice with it, it's very slick and the workmanship is top notch

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I carry my 101 in a OWB made by Galco. It is model # CM118B. You can go to there web site and see it. It rides so nice and high on my hip. I have no camera so I can't provide a picture for you, but I have tried other holsters for my 101 and I find this is by far the best. Check it out for yourself. I really like this one.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Already installed the grips

Would either of the holsters fit a 3 inch barrel SP101? Also, if you are not interested in the Hogue grip, I would. My hands are too big for the stock grips. I have my trigger buttery smooth now, but I do not shoot it well because of the small grips (I think). Got a set of Pachmyers on order, but they have been backordered for a month now.

Sorry, I installed the grips on the gun today. They fit very nicely. I definitely think grip size matters. Even though I have small hands I prefer a longer grip. It helps me hold the gun steadier.

Top Bottom