• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I had an SCS on my g19 until recently. I didn’t really have any issues with the auto adjust personally, though I didn’t do any outdoor shooting with it.

That said, I didn’t really like the SCS. The window is small, and something about it made it difficult to find the dot for some reason. I have an EPS now that I like far better.

The SCS is cool with how low it sits and the ability to co-witness with standard sites, but it just didn’t do it for me.

One of the biggest issues was the placement of the button that controls the mode and reticle. Almost no matter how you grip the slide to rack it, you end up pressing the button, and sometimes changing things you don’t intend to.

Not a fan personally.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    I had an SCS on my g19 until recently. I didn’t really have any issues with the auto adjust personally, though I didn’t do any outdoor shooting with it.

That said, I didn’t really like the SCS. The window is small, and something about it made it difficult to find the dot for some reason. I have an EPS now that I like far better.

The SCS is cool with how low it sits and the ability to co-witness with standard sites, but it just didn’t do it for me.

One of the biggest issues was the placement of the button that controls the mode and reticle. Almost no matter how you grip the slide to rack it, you end up pressing the button, and sometimes changing things you don’t intend to.

Not a fan personally.
    Similar conclusion, no issues at all with the auto brightness, indoor or out. Dusk is really when I notice the benefits of that feature the most, no sudden blinding reticle when daylight fades. But I prefer the EPS & 507k over it. It will stay on a plinker though, since it's still a very nice dot and I'm just too curious to see how many years the internal no-change battery lasts. And yep button placement can be an issue unless you're a forward serration gripper or mount it on something else where it's not subject to squeezin.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    IDriver
    Top Bottom