• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Looks good, but it's easier to get a taper drill bit at Home Depot and save yourself alot of experimentation.

Heck, I'm just doing this to see how hard it is.

Folks seem to like 'em and pay big bucks for 'em, but if I'm loading cast, I like truncated cone.

This is one thing that results from my boredom is all! :D

Josh

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    You may already have this information. In case you do not......

Here is a company that alters modes for hollow points.

Hollow Point Bullet Mold Service: Specializing in multi-cavity hollow point bullet mold modifications and repairs. Custom speciality screws, machine shop services including micro TIG welding.

There is also a couple of individuals that are making hollow point molds for group buys.

Since I am passing this information along I probably should also enplane the mould timing situation.

An individual organizes a group buy and once there are sufficient interest to pay for the tooling the build will be added to the schedule. The result is you have to wait the until the mould you want comes up on the schedule. There has also been scheduling slips due to the machine shops work loads (the shops make other tooling as well).

From the moulds I have purchased and the reports of other users, everyone is pleased with the quality and availability of custom designs. They also view the situation as they finally have someone building moulds that they could not get and want them to continue making the moulds. to Because of this the group is very understanding of the longer wait timeselsewhere

NOE 40Cal. 200Gr. FN - Cast Boolits

Mp-molds - Cast bullet molds

There is also a wealth of information on bullet casting on the Cast Boolits site.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Thank you.

I finished the mould and put it on eBay to see what will happen. When I cast for .45acp, I like flat point.

Josh

Top Bottom