• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    All my real questions are firearm based. Like, do they let you do certain things. For example, I noticed during teh last challenge they were single round feeding those remingtom 700P's. Why? If I was looking for speed, i would have loaded the internal mag to capacity and then shot my targets. Were there a lot of things like this done throughout the challenges?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    keyboard commando snipers, FTW!!

It's all easy... until the timer goes off and the TV camera's start rolling...

You guys also might want to keep in mind, the folks are marksmen with various weapons.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I for one did not like the show much at all. The shooters were arrogant, and worse, they couldn't back it up! I'm no marksman, but I know that I could hit a 50 and 100 yard target with a rifle. Now set an archery target to that range, and I'll have some trouble. I will probably watch the next episode, but it better be damn good, or I'm back to Family Guy.

i dont know what if any experience you have had under real preasure. and please dont take this as an attack on you. you just bring up a good point that Id like to expand on. MANY shooters, because of LONG times of shooting on static ranges, THINK that they would be able to take this or that shot even in a preasure situation. the fact remains that it is a very different beast. you could look at the guys 2 performances and see that he couldnt perform when it counted, no matter how great he did in practice.
    static range training for competitions or combat, is almost worthless. like ive said before on here, if all you have is a static range you can shoot at then do some jumping jacks, pushups, run in place, crunches, to get your heart rate up, and then you will get a small sence of the feel, then start your shooting and see how bad you suck, lol. then you can bring it in from there.
    all im overall trying to say is that it is easy to judge looking outside in, but im sure the guy was under preasure. nothing wrong with not being able to shoot under preasure, or shoot at all. thats the reason some people are real life trigger pullers and some people are bankers for a living.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    That's correct. In the episode, my SVT-40 had 5 light primer strikes before I got my round off. I was dropping f-bombs every time I yanked the charging handle to get a new round up there. Believe me, when you're on the clock, your teammates are counting on you, AND there's an HD camera in your face the pressure really ratchets up.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    That's correct. In the episode, my SVT-40 had 5 light primer strikes before I got my round off. I was dropping f-bombs every time I yanked the charging handle to get a new round up there. Believe me, when you're on the clock, your teammates are counting on you, AND there's an HD camera in your face the pressure really ratchets up.

Now thats the stuff I like to hear. Didn't see that on the show.:D
    Thats the type of behind the scenes info that you can only get form being there. I'm sure you were the only one besides Mike then with any problems that day? Well and maybe the lady trying to find the target with the scope. :dunno:

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Actually, our team shooting the Springfield had trouble as well. It took Iain 15+ shots to hit his 100 yard target - the battle sight on that rifle just plain sucks.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Cocky, (uber-confidence) is part of the persona of many elite. Right Ranger? :D

:laugh: yep thats right Hickman. and for real to be the best you have to believe your the best. i've never walked into ANY fight thinking i was gonna lose. i like cockyness as long as the person can back it up. if they can then they deserve to be cocky. its the type "A" personality. when your mind is in the game you have to be in the zone and know you WILL win no matter what. But at the same time you cant ever think that you know it all and become complacent. i guess its a balance

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    :laugh: yep thats right Hickman. and for real to be the best you have to believe your the best. i've never walked into ANY fight thinking i was gonna lose. i like cockyness as long as the person can back it up. if they can then they deserve to be cocky. its the type "A" personality. when your mind is in the game you have to be in the zone and know you WILL win no matter what. But at the same time you cant ever think that you know it all and become complacent. i guess its a balance
    Ranger, I agree 100%, if you think you can, then you can... if you think not, then you are doomed(or worse), from the begining... POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE WINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

Being cocky and believing your the best is one thing. Knowing your the best and being humble in that knowledge is another.;)

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    The interesting thing was how "medicore" the red team shot when shooting the 92f to vote for the 2 going to the challenge. I realize the show is based on overall accuracy with a plethora of different weapons but I was kind of shocked. Granted there was no warm up etc...but in real life there generally isn't a warm up either. I think the show looks good and I look forward to watching it. Also, notice how nobody voted for the spotter, Andre. I thought that was interesting, but he also appears to be a good shot.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Being cocky and believing your the best is one thing. Knowing your the best and being humble in that knowledge is another.;)

the place for being humble is when your rich and you dont wanna make people with less feal like crap.

when on a gun forum or in a shooting competition and some guy who doesnt know what the heck they are talking about other than what theyve read in a gun magazine, is talking smack to people who have seen the elephant or are everyday shooting competitors. Then i dont see anything wrong with putting them in their place, back in their easy chair. thats not the place for humility in my opinion as long as what your saying is true based on real world experience. nothing wrong with being proud of what you have worked hard to learn. especialy when all your doing is trying to educate and help people with your knowledge and skills. now if your just trying to put down and not offer up anything, then yeah, i can see that as being rude. but we are not all perfect. If you wanna see a REAL cock fight, then watch a group of type "A" personality spec ops guys duke it out over whos the best, LOL. i bet it would make that Top shot house look like a church, and im sure it got heated in there too.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Humble may not be the right word - we're not braggadocios, but we certainly aren't going to hide our skills.

Caleb, well, you didn't hide your skills, but then your shaved head and monkey butt wasn't on camera saying how you feel sorry for the Blue Team as you are Th3 Awesome with mad l33t raffle skillz.:laugh:

That's the problem with television, there always has to be devils and angels. I feel sorry for Mike in that any producer worth his salt can follow anyone around all day and make them look like a jerk (not so hard maybe in my case but you know).

Mike shot himself with his poor performance, but if you don't want to be mocked, stop calling yourself a "shooting professional" and America's Top Gun.:n00b:

Top Bottom