• ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Caleb,

Another excellent week in Gun Nut Radio. Hope you never get tired of talking about the show cause it was great to hear your view and then Brad's view.

What is your gun of choice for USPSA?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    So where are we meeting Sunday night to watch this Episode Caleb?

My wife will be coming too because I think she's going to take photos at the gSSF match for me. I'll be in the Eagle Creek area already and getting to the North side from there isn't going to be a problem.

That's a good question, I've been so busy at work that I've not really had time to deal with setting up a party! Apparently, my job doesn't stop because I'm marginally famous...

Ducky - for the last year, I've shot nothing but wheelguns. It's been all wheel, all the time. However this year I'm working on a project with Ruger and DOWN RANGE TELEVISION with Michael Bane - DOWN RANGE TV - DRTV called The Quest for Master Class, where my goal is to shoot Master in all 5 of IDPA's divisions. I did ESR on my own, but now Ruger has gotten on board for SSP and ESP, so I guess my gun of choice right now is the Ruger SR9c that I'm shooting!

When I try for CDP, it might be a totally different gun though!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    This was a caleb heavy episode.

In the elimination, i noticed jim got screwed. A blue target was moving perfectly behind his orange. There was nothing he could have done to miss that target.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Good episode tonight, IMO. I really liked the overall theme of using judgement in shooting. Both the team challenge and elimination round felt like good, practical exercises -- and both were things I would love to try.

I meant to take a closer look at the AR-15's they used. Did anyone happen to spot the manufacturer/model?

I have to admit I'd never heard of a TZ99 before. One of the contestants (Iain, I think) called it a Sig 226 clone and this review (Firearm Review, July 2001) seems to agree.

I was glad to finally see more of the Blue team even though it meant that they were up for elimination. Good to see more of Caleb, both shooting and his interview segments. I like how Blue seems to behave more like a team, but I think Brad and other Red team members were right -- Blue won't be laughing so much the next time they have to eliminate someone.

Caleb talked about having reservations about Iain's strategy and I agree. Iain, it turns out, was simply lucky in the elimination challenge. Both them talked about shooting agressively; Iain mentioned initially trying to wait for the red targets to be in the clear but eventually just started shooting at red. Jim was unfortunate enought to hit a red and blue with a single shot or the outcome could have been very different.

I was surprised by Andre's performance. So far I have not been very impressed by him in comparison with the other contestants, but I figured that given his background he would do well in the AR-15 team competition. Instead he was one of the weaker shooters on both teams. :dunno:

Looks like next week will be interesting...muzzleloaders and trouble in Blue Team paradise...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I would consider dotting the "I" an intentional miss, Not one where they were aiming at the target and missed.

I consider it an arrogant --- caught with his pants down showing it with that "dot the I crap".

I don't like Ian. I'd like to have seen him get that challenge stuck down his throat. I was pretty disappointed with the BS cheap attitude and actions just when I thought finally someone one TV with a little class and honor.

Hopefully it's a few arrogant snots coloring the whole team or TV hollywood snots playing up the few snippets they could sort out of hours of footage to play up people to look like just any other little reality drama queen contest.

The person sent home appeared to be and behaved like a class act IMHO and looked to me to be the more well rounded and versitile shooter of the two worst performers in the team challenge. Sending in a ringer instead of the two worst to shoot against each other was just low class.

It was a Caleb heavy episode and don't take my comments as a comment on Caleb. I seemed to sense some reservations there in the team's chosen path and may be the directors are setting up a couple bad guys. Every drama needs a bad guy but my enthusiasm for the show got backed off a notch or two tonight.

Over all I wish I hadn't seen tonights episode.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Thought the voting was stupid, should have been Jim and Tara.

I was actually rooting for Jim to pull the upset.

His musket/muzzle-loader skills probably would have been beneficial next week.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Thought the voting was stupid, should have been Jim and Tara.

I was actually rooting for Jim to pull the upset.

His musket/muzzle-loader skills probably would have been beneficial next week.

I agree 100%.

I will say the challenges seemed harder this week. The camera made those plates look like they were 100 yards away.

Is there a web page with the specs on these challenges? Those swinging plates are something I'd like to replicate just to give a try.

Top Bottom