• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Caleb with some TV time last night! Discussing the blue team strategy. Way to go!

Next week we got to see the promo of the AR and then another handgun. Guessing the handgun will be the elimination challange since everyone seemed to be shooting the AR. The commercial gave me the impression the blue team (having two guys shoot well in practice) shoots well over Kelly who seems to have a hard time. But you know how they like to edit things. Looks like a good episode to bad we have to wait till next week.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My biggest gripe with the whole show is their BS editing and the 'survivor' style formula.

I'd like to see more competition/shooting and less of the in the closet or at the poker table drama. And the longbow ~ crossbow crap? I tuned in for guns/shooting sports not for indian wars.

As much as I want to like watching Top Shots it is just lame reality TV.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    A lot of smack talk, let the targets tell the story. The Bill and Kelly thing, both need to man up. Kelly when to bite tongue and keep his mouth shut. Bill, sucking it up knowing kids make mistakes and missing an opportunity to mentor a young man. Brad is just a waste and yes the Red team is sc---ed and all the open voting has done that. Wonder if an underlying theme is angry people with guns......:@ya:........Duce<><

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    You know, the thing about the "angry people with guns" is that as hot as tempers got in the house, it never carried over to the range. If anything, this shows that gun people are NORMAL and don't go around capping people for arguments, which is what the anti's would have you believe.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You know, the thing about the "angry people with guns" is that as hot as tempers got in the house, it never carried over to the range. If anything, this shows that gun people are NORMAL and don't go around capping people for arguments, which is what the anti's would have you believe.

orly_owl.jpg

Anti-Gun folks really believe we are dangerous?

[/sarcasm off!]

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Bills ex-wife's fiance shot himself in the chest...and Kelly said something like, "Was she that bad?" to Bill. Joking ofcourse, but he's pretty lucky he didn't get his head knocked off IMO

Seriously... how many ex-wife jokes do people make?

It's not like Bill was probably best friends with the dude. Bill was being a grouchy biotch and Kelly probably would have eliminated him with either the long or crossbow...

I hope Brad's whiny *** is next to go...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Started to watch it, but the reality show TV format caused me to change the channel quick, forget the hype and BS, I want to see holes in targets and actual discussion on weapons drills and technique. Won't watch no more of it in this format.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Bill and Brad... can't wait for them BOTH to be gone. Whiney b*tches.

Yeah, Kelly messed up with a bad joke, but Bill is being a big baby about it.

Agree 100%. Kelly is still just a dumb kid in social graces and I can see Bill getting PO' over it but come on. The first episode I kinda liked the red team but they most all a pack of whiney cry babies. About the only ones left on red I wouldn't toss right now are Kelly and the cowboy. I like that guy's no macho, BS, just get it done attitude. STFU and shoot Brad. He's probably deep concealed CCing his frigging glock like a prison sex toy as a good luck charm during every episode.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    In Kelly's defense, I thought the joke was tasteless but funny. In fact, you can see me laughing when he re-tells it to us afterwards.

The point of the bows, crossbows and other non-firearms weapons that you may see is to test the all-around skills of someone not just as a "static shooter" but as an athlete. There are lots of guys that can shoot a rifle really well from a bench on a warm Sunday afternoon; and there are even more guys that can shoot 1/2 MOA with their keyboard - but there's only one guy that can shoot rifles, pistols, bows, slingshots, etc well enough to earn the title of Top Shot.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    My biggest gripe with the whole show is their BS editing and the 'survivor' style formula.

I'd like to see more competition/shooting and less of the in the closet or at the poker table drama. And the longbow ~ crossbow crap? I tuned in for guns/shooting sports not for indian wars.

As much as I want to like watching Top Shots it is just lame reality TV.

I literally just shut it off and the most amazing thing to me is how they resisted turning and putting a bolt between the ears of that lame anouncer commenting after every shot. I'd like to roll tape again and see Kelly give Bill a double "thumbs" up and "Adios M...F..." as Brad lives to cry another day. He NEEDS a plastic gun. Any thing but tupperware would rust solid around all his tears.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    In Kelly's defense, I thought the joke was tasteless but funny. In fact, you can see me laughing when he re-tells it to us afterwards.

The point of the bows, crossbows and other non-firearms weapons that you may see is to test the all-around skills of someone not just as a "static shooter" but as an athlete. There are lots of guys that can shoot a rifle really well from a bench on a warm Sunday afternoon; and there are even more guys that can shoot 1/2 MOA with their keyboard - but there's only one guy that can shoot rifles, pistols, bows, slingshots, etc well enough to earn the title of Top Shot.

This I did see, you were not the only one. My wife and I both just went "ouch" over it. I've got her hooked on the show now lol, she was like "so you know this guy?" and I said no I don't really know him, hope to meet up at one of our nights to watch. Talk about awesome, to be able to sit while it's being shown to get the inside right there!

I also agree with you on the way you use Top Shot. We also think that the red team is messing up by trying to get rid of Brad, he does have a skill set that could be needed in the future, although he didn't utilize his pistol skills in the pistol comp. Kelly is going to be strong I think and go a long way.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Repped, 3 weeks in and not a single confrontation or even threat of physical confrontation. Every one in control of their own actions and emotitions competeing at a high level and even in the perception of extreme insult gun people remain in control of themselves.

Good showing, especially in the blue team.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

It had to be said. Good job.:rockwoot:

I like it, I'm getting in to it. I want to go out and do it.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Well, we have a pretty complex challenge next week. The Friend of Foe challenge presents a unique opportunity for the shooters using the AR15 rifle, so you'll have to see what happens to the team dynamics!

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Well, we have a pretty complex challenge next week. The Friend of Foe challenge presents a unique opportunity for the shooters using the AR15 rifle, so you'll have to see what happens to the team dynamics!

BAH How much is History still paying you to tease the show!!!

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    i just cant wait to see what all they bring out to shoot. You can get an idea based on what everyone is holding in the opening of the show.

At least Bill's exist interview didn't suck, was better than I thought it would be.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    i just cant wait to see what all they bring out to shoot. You can get an idea based on what everyone is holding in the opening of the show.

At least Bill's exist interview didn't suck, was better than I thought it would be.

Yes, every one seems to be a class act on there when they have time to think over their comments. Any one could be caught and edited in to what ever the show wants to portray after weeks of filming The interviews at the end were almost a little bit of a buzz kill they were so polite and good sportsman like. Made me proud as a shooter and these guys are people I'm glad to have representing shooters on public television but... I'd stil have like to seen Kelly flip the bird to Bill on his way out. ROTFL, just kidding, maybe, a little bit...

Top Bottom