• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is an article on it. However, I concede that the point I was trying to make is not supported by this data. Gun related deaths will surpass auto accidents as the number one case of non-medical related deaths (cancer, for example will continue to be higher) My bad for the misinformation.

Gun deaths in America projected to soon top car fatalities - Americas - World - The Independent

Now tell us what you are going to do with the fact that according to the Census Bureau more Americans are beaten to death than are murdered with rifles of all types, high capacity 'assault' or otherwise. While you are at it, most statistics don't distinguish between murder, 'good shoots' (i.e., legal defense), accidental deaths, and deliberate suicide in tallying gun deaths. How do you deal with this?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Interesting.

The OP claims they want to have a reasonable discussion about the merits of placing a capacity limit on magazines. Fair enough. However, while he chides others for not offering a detailed enough explanation of their arguments, he blithely dismisses the arguments of others with a contemptuous cry of "ridiculas" and "retarded."

I am not saying the OP is a troll, but it it talks like a troll ...

:yesway:

I was going to respond but my troll alarm went off when I started seeing the term "you guys" being used repeatedly.

Not to mention the fact that he takes valid points/arguments and instantly labels them as not valid in his OP without making a case for the dismissal. He simply doesn't like them ...

That would be like me stating:
    "Please tell me why water is the most common extinguishing agent for class A fires? Don't say that it is relatively plentiful and can be easily delivered (compared to other extinguishing agents). Those are not good answers. Saying that water has excellent heat absorption properties is not a good argument either."

Opinions should not be confused with facts.

As soon as the OP stated "those are not good answers" or "that is not a good argument" he should have been challenged to defend his statements.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Who needs the internet, yet alone high speed internet, a car, a bicycle, steak instead of hamburger, pork steaks instead of bacon, brand name cigs instead of generic or needs cigs at all. The list could be a mile long

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Do you even understand the concept of a projection? Mitt Romney was projected to win the presidency.

Not to mention there are so many flaws in that article that I can believe the author didn't choke on them.

Which is why I issued a mia culpa. Again, my bad for bringing that to the thread

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Quick semi-related questions. What is a "rep"? In the classified section what is "SPF"? Not trying to side track, just saw a couple people mention "rep" and am not familiar.

Rep is reputation. Look under your avatar at the bottom of the square. It is awarded by other members for participation we consider meritorious and of benefit to the community of members. SPF is 'sold pending funds' or in other words, a deal has been made, but it isn't finished until the money and merchandise change hands.

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Rep is reputation. Look under your avatar at the bottom of the square. It is awarded by other members for participation we consider meritorious and of benefit to the community of members. SPF is 'sold pending funds' or in other words, a deal has been made, but it isn't finished until the money and merchandise change hands.

Gotcha. The medals under the user name. Thank you.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Here is an article on it. However, I concede that the point I was trying to make is not supported by this data. Gun related deaths will surpass auto accidents as the number one case of non-medical related deaths (cancer, for example will continue to be higher) My bad for the misinformation.

Gun deaths in America projected to soon top car fatalities - Americas - World - The Independent

Most Gun deaths are the result of a single shot. It quotes that out of 85 gun deaths daily 58 of them are suicides. Where does banning 30 round magazines make sense in that?

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a bike that bone stock (with $300 worth of ECU programming) is capable of hitting 200mph, run 9 second 1/4 mile ET's, and hitting 60mph in approx 3 seconds....

Do I NEED this? Your damn right I do and F you if you think I don't.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    They will laugh so hard at your marksmanship that they will pee themesleves? :dunno: :D

Hey, I am not claiming I will know the reason why his urine will flow, all that matters is that it will. I SHALL NOT BE KILLED BY A MAN WITH DRY KNICKERS! :rockwoot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Let me be a little more clear....... sorry, I had to get my laughing fit under control... I couldn't freakin' breathe.

The "study" was by Dr. Garen Wintemute - Gun control advocate.

More reading......
    NRA-ILA | Warning -- Anti-Gun Survey of Firearms

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Aved if you are serious, (of which I have my doubts) then read this and you will have a very convincing argument to present to people. Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » WHY GOOD PEOPLE NEED SEMIAUTOMATIC FIREARMS AND

I suggest you read the rest of Massad Ayoob's blogs for more persuasive arguments for present to people who ask the question "why do you need it?" __________________
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. " Ronald Reagan

Top Bottom