• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. Restrictions on magazines holding over 10 rounds are illegal.

The Supreme Court test is "in common use". There are hundreds of millions of magazines over 10 rounds in the USA and more across the globe.

Your police department carries magazines over 10 rounds thus demonstrating the need in self-defense for such accessories.

2. Such a restriction is unenforceable as 1994 to 2004 demonstrated.

We have done this stupidity before. It was a complete waste of time and money.

People would simply buy grandfathered magazines and import magazines made before the ban date as they did in 1994 to 2004.

Such a restriction is feckless in light of 3-D technology. Magazines can now to be made by a 12 year old with a computer, the tech will get better and cheaper making regulation impossible and the law a farce which will ultimately undermine the rule of law as to all gun laws (not a bad thing).

Home defense is a fantastic answer and one that is Constitutionally mandated. 10+ magazines are available for all the most widely used self-defense firearms in the USA, this is in common use and thus Constitutionally protected.

Kirk, I think I remember reading in the synopsis of Feinstein's new bill that transfer of grandfathered mags over 10 rds would be a felony.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Someone is 'Rep'ing me. So I am at least offering entertainment.

I sold a computer server rack tonight, so maybe you are right, I should check to see if any carbines are available!

By the way, I have in no way taken any offense to things said here. I was fully aware this was not going to go well for me - and it didn't, but I have no hard feelings and I hope there are none on the other side. I do intend to ask more questions, some easy like best carbine cartridge, and some difficult. I will bring my A game, I hope you will too.

Your thread should go into a sticky and filed under "How to get your 50 Quality Posts in one evening" ... or "How I p****d off the internet and sold/bought my gun in one night."

I tip my hat to you, sir! At least you worked at it ... no "Good job!" or "Love it!" posts for you.

You're entertaining ... wrong ... but entertaining nevertheless. :D

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    To be fair, you can't convince Feinstein. She is ideologically fixed. The only ones you can convince are those on the fence. I don't think the battlefield for us is in the congress, but in public opinion among our peers who aren't already ideologues. Congress will vote for whatever they think will get them reelected.

But your point is not lost. Beating the constitutional war drums won't win public opinion.

yes, i agree with you on Feinstein. There are a number of Senators that could go either way. They will obviously listen to their constituents, but if they can be armed with a reasonable argument, they can be swayed, and in turn sway. I learned a long time ago that if you get upset in a debate - you lost. If you get made - you lost. If you go out of your way to make it personal - you lost. If you can continue to chip away, and come at it from a different angle, looking, probing for weakness in argument, you can counter. If you cross into emotion, you can no longer accomplish this. Words need to be measured and deliberate. An argument needs to be countered, not shouted out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    More and more, I'm convinced that the difference between intellectual and pseudo intellectual is Google.

....but since you seem dependent, Google "Thomas Aquinas" and "Original Sin."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Kirk, I think I remember reading in the synopsis of Feinstein's new bill that transfer of grandfathered mags over 10 rds would be a felony.

So people wont do it? :dunno: :rolleyes:

I also think murder is illegal, that doesn't stop people from doing it.
    Thinking that more laws will stop criminals is just insane.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have not read all the post in this thread yet but some are very good. I will say the 2A puts it in black and white for me.
    I think a Golf Course is a waste of Hunting Grounds and a shooting range. I do not Golf so we should do away with the game and start hunting. This make sense to me?
    Avec, you said you hunt so are you with me on this? Ban Golfing!?

I don't like to reload!

And What Giddaltti said! Plus I am getting too old to spend my time reloading at the range!

:popcorn::popcorn:
    one more

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    two more and then ....:bacondance:
    Hey - a cheering section. When I get there does confetti fly across the screen?

You guys would love me in person. Same antagonism with 5 times the sarcasm!

Deuce, are you anywhere near Zionsville?

I have not read all the post in this thread yet but some are very good. I will say the 2A puts it in black and white for me.
    I think a Golf Course is a waste of Hunting Grounds and a shooting range. I do not Golf so we should do away with the game and start hunting. This make sense to me?

And What Giddaltti said! Plus I am getting too old to spend my time reloading at the range!

one more

Fine with me. I hate golfing

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hey - a cheering section. When I get there does confetti fly across the screen?

You guys would love me in person. Same antagonism with 5 times the sarcasm!

Deuce, are you anywhere near Zionsville?

If I knew where Zionsville was located I might be able to answer that question. I'm in NWI ... Lake County ... aka Chicago's armpit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So people wont do it? :dunno: :rolleyes:

I also think murder is illegal, that doesn't stop people from doing it.
    Thinking that more laws will stop criminals is just insane.

Oh, no. I'm not saying that. I'm just stating that this is possibly (as far as my memory serves) a fact not mentioned. As many mags are out there, there's no way to enforce it. But of course, law abiding citizens won't break that law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

one more

If we could figure out how to make it safe, maybe shotgun golf could be popular.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Now if we get the thread closed, will he lose all 50 posts? Hmm...

Might be worth the infractions.

Jesus%20wept.jpg

I'll just leave this here.......... multi-purpose.

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    No, You must report to Fenway's secret lair where you must go through a highly ritualized intiation usually including but not limited to...

http://youtu.be/qdFLPn30dvQ

One great movie. Thanks again for all the interesting dialog, I really need to get some stuff done. My day starts at 4:30, and that is going to come quickly

Kawtech, are you using a proxy? I see the video URL is not youtube.com, but youtu.be I just checked it, and it redirects to the normal site. I just had not seen that before.

I will be back, you did not scare me away, even though some tried. Thanks again to those that hung in there, and even more thanks to those that took the time to understand what I was trying to say. I am just not sure I have another marathon like that in me.

Fun, Fun

Avec out.

Top Bottom