• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    your right. we should throw all the tests and torture of glocks under the bus because all firearms are created equal. and hi points AREN'T made to a price point. and glocks are just glorified internet talk.

the bottom line is this. you show me one single Hi Point off the line which can make claims of 100,000 rounds plus without problems and i'll say "yeah, that would be a good gun to bet your life on." until then, you can bet YOUR life on those POS. is that plain enough? they are PLINKER guns. for when it doesn't TRULY matter if it goes bang everytime. to compare a tortured tests platform like the glock (or sig or any number of other firearms) is just debating a fact because of your personal beliefs. not based on fact or tests.

i have yet to met ANY serious professional (and YES, i know a few.) who would even consider a hi point as a gun for anything other than taking up safe space.

as to the "HiPoint is the current M1.".. well...... when we start shipping them to hardchargers in theater, i will concede that they are viable. or when they get ISSUED to folks who have a reality based NEED for them, after testing, not just picked up by someone who got swayed by internet BS. and what if that someone is a cop who isn't really a firearms type guy? and he comes to the point when he needs that gun to function to save his life. i know if that was any of my cop buddies, i'd rip into the cheap, ignorant bastard that thinks an LEO life is worth $150. step over a dollar to pick up a dime.

plinker, fine. bet your life on it, not a chance in hell after the end of the world. there is a reason why their warrenty is so good, and every owner knows it.

as to hand fit. that is VERY important. and if it a legitamate claim (as glocks don't fit everyone, but no gun does) the DON'T buy the offending gun. you will shoot it poorly and end up not using it. i love the sig double stack pistols, but they feel all wrong to me, so i don't own any, becuase i would never shoot it. i would expect no less from someone who doesn't fit a glock correctly.

and i've never been to glock talk or ar15...........

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sometimes I feel this forum is becoming more like Glock Talk or AR15.

I suggest you just get it, and shoot it. Its only $150. What is there to talk about.

Quick show where you can find a Hi Point carbine for $150 and I'll get it right now. Not seen any for less than $250

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Cubby, I know of ONE small-town officer who carries a Hi-Point as his duty sidearm. His department regulations require a .40, and this gentleman happens to be more of a fan of the "original" 1911, to the point where he won't buy a 1911 in any caliber other than .45. He carries the Hi-Point, in .40, on his duty belt, with a compact 1911 as his "BUG"... I've seen him qualify, but I have this feeling that he practices drawing the BUG at night when nobody's around :)

All things aside, though, if I needed a firearm, I'd rather have a Hi-Point than no firearm at all..

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I had a carbine for a while and never had a problem. The 15rd mags are great 11rd mags, and when you loose the "planet of the apes" stock and put on the "storm" stock it is a much better rifle.
    To the question is a glock better, of course, if it's in your price range. I have a couple glocks but only carry a springer, personal preference.

buy the hi-point carbine, it's the best deal out there for that type of rifle

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Smitty12B! You made my day! Planet of the Ape's carbine! :D

The carbines are great. Too bad Hi Point is being weird about their .45 variant. As far as Camp Carbines, try to find one NOW for less than $600 that is in good shape. While both carbines are great, the Camps are VERY expensive nowadays. The Keltecs are great, but drying up, not to mention **** poor sighting concept. Whoever desgined the sight adjustments needs to be shot.

I would kill for a Camp or a Keltec that takes the Smith 59 or 5900 mags right now. I need a companion to my Smith 915. :) (HINT HINT!)

I have fired the Hi Point carbine and love it. I would get one instantly if they make a double stack version. They are reliable, but mentioned before, very picky on ammo. Its a damn good deal. Theoretically, for 500 sheckles, one can get:
    A HP 9mm handgun
    A HP 9mm carbine (mag interchangeability)
    Mess of mags and ammo (or a HP .380 as a HUGE BUG).

Their guns are decent, but hit and miss, you get a good one (as long as it is maintained), its decent. Get a bad one, the factory cant even fix it (like a Kimber! :D ).

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    damn!! those Marlins are up around $600!!! holy smokes! strike that then! there are BETTER options for less....... but with this "frenzy" its a horrible time.

i don't mean to come off as an *******. the carbines from HP are good fun guns. i wouldn't strike out at anyone who owns one to plink with. my only issue is with folks who stake their lives to them.

bubba- while i don't personally know anyone who carries them in the line of duty, i have heard of it before. and it worries me greatly. but to get a firearm issued to a substatual amount of people, issued, i can't ever see it happening....

the bottom line, for around $200 they are ok, not my first choice, but still, in that budget, the choices seem slim, now. damn buying frenzy. just wait for the fall out and pick up one of the guns which will pop up for cheap when the fallout comes....

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Is your main carry gun a hi-point?

Carry... Not exactly. I have the luxury of carrying a more expensive, lighter and more refined firearm. Although there are times that an H/P is the only gun I have access to and I'm just fine with that. :yesway:

Do you own any Hi Points? :dunno:

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I would like to own a HI Point pistol (even if just for a test bed for loads or beat around gun). Heck, according to me last Sierra manual, they used a 9mm C-9 from Hi Point as their velocity test bed in their loading data! :0

Crystal, repped for the Mas article! I got to meet him once, great guy, shorter than what I had thought (but I also though he crapped lightening and ate men by the legion! :D ).

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I would like to own a HI Point pistol (even if just for a test bed for loads or beat around gun). Heck, according to me last Sierra manual, they used a 9mm C-9 from Hi Point as their velocity test bed in their loading data! :0

Crystal, repped for the Mas article! I got to meet him once, great guy, shorter than what I had thought (but I also though he crapped lightening and ate men by the legion! :D ).

Thanks man. I would LOVE to meet him!!! If you ever want to do some H/P shooting, let me know. I've got the C9 (9mm), the JCP (.45 ACP), and the 995 Carbine (9mm). They are all dependable and accurate!! :rockwoot: :patriot:
    :cheers:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Carry... Not exactly. I have the luxury of carrying a more expensive, lighter and more refined firearm. Although there are times that an H/P is the only gun I have access to and I'm just fine with that. :yesway:

Do you own any Hi Points? :dunno:

I had a carbine for a while, even shot steel with it once. For the $$ it's a great little rifle and american made:patriot:. My father-n-law has a couple hp pistols,9mm and a 45 and it honestly scares me when I shoot the .45, you can feel it flex a little but it does keep on shooting.
    Guns are like cars, women and music, find the one "you" like and rock it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I had a carbine for a while, even shot steel with it once. For the $$ it's a great little rifle and american made:patriot:. My father-n-law has a couple hp pistols,9mm and a 45 and it honestly scares me when I shoot the .45, you can feel it flex a little but it does keep on shooting.
    Guns are like cars, women and music, find the one "you" like and rock it.

There 'ya go!!!! I broke all mine in like they were any other gun. 200 rounds to see if they'd function. When they did, I stopped worrying!!! :rockwoot: :patriot: :cheers:

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    my-hipoint 9mm pistol isnt my carry gun. i keep my .44 ruger blackhawk with me. its not some fancy automatic, but i trust it and it shoots and fits good. im sayin sayin i want to buy a hi-point carbine so i can go try to take over canada or something, i buy guns to have fun. cubby, i can see you get a little offended if someone talks crap about your gun. this is the same as people sayin ford is better than dodge, or chevy is better than ford and so on. im a dodge fan, your a glock fan. you know. im sorry again i called glocks junk. i started this post to find what people think about the hi-point carbine. i didnt want to get into arguments about whos live is trusted to what.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    my-hipoint 9mm pistol isnt my carry gun. i keep my .44 ruger blackhawk with me. its not some fancy automatic, but i trust it and it shoots and fits good. im sayin sayin i want to buy a hi-point carbine so i can go try to take over canada or something, i buy guns to have fun. cubby, i can see you get a little offended if someone talks crap about your gun. this is the same as people sayin ford is better than dodge, or chevy is better than ford and so on. im a dodge fan, your a glock fan. you know. im sorry again i called glocks junk. i started this post to find what people think about the hi-point carbine. i didnt want to get into arguments about whos live is trusted to what.

That's what it's all about...

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    i like the cummins diesel motor, i know chrytsler makes some cheaper stuff, but alteast a guy can afford to own one, not having to pay 50k for a powerchoke or a duraturd. ill be the first to admitt that chrystler makes some cheaper parts, but i like the cummins.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    this is the same as people sayin ford is better than dodge, or chevy is better than ford and so on./QUOTE]

If you believe this, then you are just ignorant, no offense.

Glocks, Sigs, XD,s etc ARE better than HP's.

That does not mean that they dont run or one should not buy one. HP is a quality product for the price.

Again buy the damn gun and close this thread. I would have sent more money down range in ammo by now, If I bought it a few days ago.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    this is the same as people sayin ford is better than dodge, or chevy is better than ford and so on./QUOTE]

If you believe this, then you are just ignorant, no offense.

Glocks, Sigs, XD,s etc ARE better than HP's.

That does not mean that they dont run or one should not buy one. HP is a quality product for the price.

Again buy the damn gun and close this thread. I would have sent more money down range in ammo by now, If I bought it a few days ago.

Hehehehehee..... I agree with all of the above!!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot: :yesway:
    :cheers:

Top Bottom