• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I own a 995, stock. I did add a scope and muzzle break. I love it! I am a 9mm freak and these guns break in and shoot all day. $200 or less.

Cabela's in Hammond has had some used Marlin's $400 TO $650.

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    i was also thinking about getting a 10-22 and putting on the mg-42 dressup kit, make it full auto, get a couple 50 rd drum magzines and a bipod, but if priced it out and thats rediculous for how much all that stuff costs, so i think for now ill go with the hi-point. and why are we arguing glocks, we are talkin hi-points, glocks are junk.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i was also thinking about getting a 10-22 and putting on the mg-42 dressup kit, make it full auto, get a couple 50 rd drum magzines and a bipod, but if priced it out and thats rediculous for how much all that stuff costs, so i think for now ill go with the hi-point. and why are we arguing glocks, we are talkin hi-points, glocks are junk.

i gotta ask..

what are you TALKING about? i hope this post is a joke......

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Last edited:

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    ive seen videos of full auto 10-22's and ive seen differnt things on the internet you can buy to make them full auto, ive never owned a 10-22 so i dont know, i was just going off of what i have seen. even if i cant make it full auto, i still want the rifle with the dress up kit. its not a joke.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Keep us posted on this! :popcorn:

exactly. yeah. it'll be expensive. and unless you have a few special exemptions, very illegal, too. normal, regular joes can't make anything full auto legally. they can also only own machine guns made before a certian date. anything else is prohibited. you can't just take a rifle and make it full auto. i think class 2 manufactorers can, with a letter of intent from a department, or some such... but joe schmoe can't. just cause its onthe internet doesn't make it legal....

i have seen the dress up kits.... neat i guess.......

as for the hi point over a glock comment......... i think i just pissed my pants laughing over that...

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    im just a fan of the mg-42 and this will probly be the closest to having one i will get. i think its cool, i know its all plastic, but if i was to buy a 10-22 thats what id do with it.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    im just a fan of the mg-42 and this will probly be the closest to having one i will get. i think its cool, i know its all plastic, but if i was to buy a 10-22 thats what id do with it.

upgrade/dress up kits are very cool and practical. with the price of ammo skyrocketing, .22 is a steal. i see no reason NOT to make fun guns out of .22s. you'll have to post up pics after you complete it..

just don't make it be a buzz gun.. ;) ATF guys won't like it on bit!!:D

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    ya if i get back to work and get some more money, ill definately get it done and put up some pics. i doubt ill make it full auto, it would just be neat though, id hate to get in trouble over a .22

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    ya if i get back to work and get some more money, ill definately get it done and put up some pics. i doubt ill make it full auto, it would just be neat though, id hate to get in trouble over a .22

Not to change the subject, but I really hope you don't mind my sig line. That was (Tony the Tiger voice) GREEEAAAAT!!!!

Josh <><

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    i dont care for glocks, ive only shot one, i didnt care for it, i like my hi-point alot better than that glock. i know a lot of people like them, i dont know why, but they do. but if i had the money to buy a glock, id spend it on something else. not tryin to offend anyone. but ya.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    Calling a Glock "junk" only shows ignorance. Armed professionals carry Glocks and trust their lives to them on a daily basis. The same can be said for Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, HK, etc. The same CANNOT be said for Hi-Point. No one I know (or have even heard of) that carries a gun for a living chooses a Hi-Point. There is a reason for that. (SNIP)

While I agree Glocks are not "junk" I have to correct you. We (at least I) were talking about the Hi-Point Carbine and in this link:

Hi-Point Carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they state that some police depts. use them. And if you have jams with the pistols, check to see if you are limp wristing it. Limp wristing robs the slide of the inertia needed to chamber the next round cleanly.

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    im sorry i said junk. everyone here is entitled to their opinion. as far as i know this is still america, at least until the 20th. i already said how i feel about glocks, i didnt mention anything else about other pistols. i know the hi-point is a cheap pistol. id rather have a colt or springfield 1911, but not all of us can affors that. i didnt think anyone was gonna go on a glock rant for sayin junk, i just dont like them. so im sorry.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Folks,

The 995 was designed, at least partially, as a long gun for small departments on a budget. At least that was the buzz when it came out.

I figure a Hi-Point carbine is about as good as an M1 carbine, give or take a bit depending on caliber, even if it doesn't have the aesthetic appeal.

I took that quote for my sig line because, even though I don't believe Glocks are junk, I absolutely despise the way they feel in my hand.

I once had an all metal Hi-Point, before the polymer craze, that held 10 rounds and felt just right. It would shoot all day too with any ammo.

I even carried it for defense for about a month after I got my LTCH, before I got a "real" pistol.

I find the whole thing pretty entertaining :D

Josh <><

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

Sometimes I feel this forum is becoming more like Glock Talk or AR15.

I suggest you just get it, and shoot it. Its only $150. What is there to talk about.

Top Bottom