Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Kyle,

Did I sell you your C-9?

If so sell it to me!
    I'm likley going to pick up another one soon.
    To the OP I have a 995 great gun. Had a C-9 sold and kinda want another now....

I highly doubt it.. I bought it off a gentleman from decatur. It came with a Fobus paddle holster and i bought a box of american eagle 9mm with it from him at the same time also.

I took it home, shot a few mags through it, took it apart, polished the feed ramp to a near-mirror finish, cleaned it, then put it back together, shot another 100 rounds through it, no jams or anything. Only 1 FTF and that was because of the mag not liking 8 rounds in it instead of 7. Purely a mag problem, i'm happy with the gun.

Would be interesting, but not surprising, if the individual I purchased it from was a member on here. I remember him wearing a black "Sig-Sauer" hat.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Save your $$$ and buy something you know that you won't regret. Another thought: spend your money on something that you will want later. B/c, it's more expensive to spend $200. on 1 gun that is OK, than it is to buy the hipoint now, THEN LATER decide you should have spent the money on the better gun. That ends up being $750 and to FFL interviews, rather than 1 trip to the store and just $500.

You get what you pay for.
    :twocents:

I gotta disagree as well. I would, and do, trust my life to my $200 Bersa. Better to have a $200 gun (well, if it's Hi Point, don't pay over $150), than no gun at all.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I would not get one, not even if it was free. when it comes to firearms my hand id worth a lot more than $200.00 just my :twocents:

All Hi Points blow up?

And Mikey died from eating Pop rocks and drinking Diet Coke.

Bill Gates will pay you to froward this message..

KFC chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

Saran wrap in the microwave causes cancer.

If you don't forward this post to at least 14,000 people in the next 14 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM tomorrow afternoon and the fleas from 1,000 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day....

Oh, by the way.....A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read Internet Forums with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

:D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    All Hi Points blow up?

And Mikey died from eating Pop rocks and drinking Diet Coke.

Bill Gates will pay you to froward this message..

KFC chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

Saran wrap in the microwave causes cancer.

If you don't forward this post to at least 14,000 people in the next 14 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM tomorrow afternoon and the fleas from 1,000 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day....

Oh, by the way.....A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read Internet Forums with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

:D

Darnit!! :laugh::laugh:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    With respect to reliability, they are fine.

If you care about size, the HP 45 has a slide thats nearly twice as thick as an 1911 and taller. The grip is probably about 25% thicker as well.

I used to have pics on my computer of my HP45 and Springer fullsize 1911 side by side. The HP dwarfs the 1911 in every dimension; a MK23 would be a better size comparison.... just don't try and +P+ :D

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Heheheheee.......... Speaking of "kabooms", do a search and you'll find hundreds of Glock kabooms, and ONE H/P kaboom. It's always the same H/P picture. The slide is broken in half. And yet............

ONE documented H/P kaboom = H/P's are unsafe junk!!! :rolleyes:

Hundreds of Glock kabooms = Glocks are AWESOME!!!!! :wtf::dunno:

Maybe if H/P redesigned their barrel so that many of them blew-up they also would be AWESOME??? :n00b: :laugh:

thumbsup.jpg

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Looking at purchasing a Hi Point .45. Totaly unfamilar with them (been a Smith and Ruger man most of my life) but would like to get into a .45 and the price point is pulling me in to them. Any info (not plain old bashing please) would be appreciated.

Bottom line is, would you trust YOUR life on a $200.00 gun?
    I love mine and yes, I believe it to be as reliable as any semi-auto. When my ammo is good, it doesn't misfeed or misfire period.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I was thinking about getting one of these for my wife to use when as home protection when I'm out of town. She hates my M&Pc .40 because of the kick but a high point in a .45 might be heavy enough to absorb the kick. I would like to hear from .45 owners as well on this.
    We talked my buddy's 13 year old daughter into firing mine. She she doesn't like his 1911 and she was worried about the recoil, but I told her just to keep her elbows straight and let the recoil take the gun straight up. She fired one shot, shrugged her shoulders, and emptied the magazine into the target! I would take your wife to the gun store and let her hold it first though. It is a bit heavy for some people.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Looking at purchasing a Hi Point .45. Totaly unfamilar with them (been a Smith and Ruger man most of my life) but would like to get into a .45 and the price point is pulling me in to them. Any info (not plain old bashing please) would be appreciated.

Bottom line is, would you trust YOUR life on a $200.00 gun?

No! Bottom line is no. However any gun is better than no gun. Those type weapons are for the person that can't afford anything else (I think) Honestly I have never fired one but have handled them. I would tend to think they would not take much use. I do not want to sound like I am insulting your likes. or preference. Is this a money issue problem? If you would like PM me please.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have fired several and will no longer allow my students to fire them on the range. It is nearly impossible to get through a magazine without a malfunction. They malfunction so much (with ball ammo!) that I have to spend way too much time on the person who has one on the line. they are very heavy, so the recoil is just a little less than a Glock or XD.

But, like everything else, there are people that love them and those that don't. I would never let my life depend on one.

Good luck!

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I had a HP in .45 a while back. Overall it was a decent truck gun, went boom when it was supposed to, etc. but that's not my primary point for chiming in.

Having said that, I no longer have that gun. I took it with me on a cross-country trip and it ended up getting confiscated by the local authorities during a routine traffic stop.

I was informed several months later that I was welcome to come pick it up. I needed to bring ID and the original receipt in order for the gun to be released to me. I had thrown the receipt away long ago, not to mention that the gas to pick up the gun would cost more than the original purchase price.....

Long story short- I said goodbye to that $150 and chalked it up as a life lesson.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I had a HP in .45 a while back. Overall it was a decent truck gun, went boom when it was supposed to, etc. but that's not my primary point for chiming in.

Having said that, I no longer have that gun. I took it with me on a cross-country trip and it ended up getting confiscated by the local authorities during a routine traffic stop.

I was informed several months later that I was welcome to come pick it up. I needed to bring ID and the original receipt in order for the gun to be released to me. I had thrown the receipt away long ago, not to mention that the gas to pick up the gun would cost more than the original purchase price.....

Long story short- I said goodbye to that $150 and chalked it up as a life lesson.

Would you explain that? Permit issue? Not being nosy just curious.

spectrumbf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Brownsburg
    This gun is a great shoot for the money. It is cheap, accurate and has a lifetime warrenty. I own one and am very happy with it. However it is a little large and very heavy for a carry pistol.

Top Bottom