• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    What do you think of the Tudor, I've been eyeing purchasing one?
    As a "tool" watch, I'm surprised at the compliments, but I think that has a lot to do with the color scheme.

The leather strap looks cool, but the clasp is lame. Get the bracelet version, as it's way cheaper then buying it seperate.

The "nato" they include is awesome, but you will need to clean it a lot if you daily wear because the tight weave captures gunk. Also, because I daily wear it and the nato is so tight across the case back, I have polished marks from the weave pattern. This only happens because the strap is designed to use the spring bars. If you skip that or get a real nato, no problem. I don't care about nicks or scratches beacause I bought it to wear and pass on, not as an investment.

Also, the lugs are tall/deep and regular (inexpensive) bracelets design for Rolex Oysters look off.

So, in short: Buy one, but get the braclet version.

However, you may want to wait and see if they put their new in-house movement in next year's. If I was looking now, I'd do that. If you don't care, the ETA is awesome anyways.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    When my Tag stopped working in Iraq after a few days in 2011, I went to the PX there and bought my $31 basic green 24 hr Timex. It's still on my wrist and hasn't even needed a battery. Never did figure out what was up with the Tag. Had it in to the jeweler and put a new battery in right before I left so :dunno:
    Have an old (1989ish) Seiko Chrono laying around to. Worked until about 2003.

Bob

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Only the finest that $15 gets you at walmart. I have apparently really acidic sweat, and that killed the last 2 watches I had. They were both allegedly waterproof, but somehow my sweat got in there and destroyed them.

Finish is already eating off on my current watch. It's not an allergic reaction, as there's no negative impact to my skin. it's like the watch is allergic to me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I still wear the Ridgeline Denali I got from the NRA about 3 years ago.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Only the finest that $15 gets you at walmart. I have apparently really acidic sweat, and that killed the last 2 watches I had. They were both allegedly waterproof, but somehow my sweat got in there and destroyed them.

Finish is already eating off on my current watch. It's not an allergic reaction, as there's no negative impact to my skin. it's like the watch is allergic to me.

Wow! $15. You are a big Spender. I wait until I can pick them up on sale for around $7. Buy a couple. They last me about 6-8 months. Then i go buy a couple more.

I wear my watch with the face down, so they get broken all the time. After breaking a $250 watch, I always wear the $7 sale watches.$7 watch 2.jpg$7 watch.jpg

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am thinking this is a repeat thread from a year or more ago. :)

I have a Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive for if I need to be dressed up. I bought a Fitbit Surge 10 months ago and really like it. It tracks your steps, number of stairs climbed (flights) and also has GPS for cycling or jogging. It connects to my iPhone and any call or text messages display the caller and message on my wrist. It monitors my heart-beat during exercise and also tracks your sleep and how often you wake up or are restless each night. You can track your calories and weight and figure out how much exercise you need to lose weight, etc.

It really helps to monitor your exercise/weight/fitness and is a positive motivator.

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I wear a G-Shock at work. My "everyday" (that I'm not at work) watch is an Orient Blue Mako.

I like them both a lot.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing-those-what-do-you-wear-8.html#post5290221

AWGM100-1A_xlarge.png

Top Bottom