• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nizidramaniiyt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    I can't see how the 2nd Amendment is something that is to be left up to the States. It doesn't state anything about "Congress shall write no law..." but simply "...shall not be infringed." When the States made the decision to ratify the US Constitution and join the Union, they agreed to abide by the instructions outlined in the Constitution. Upon doing so, they are making the agreement that whatever is not specifically stated in the Constitution is left up to them to decide, as per the 10th Amendment. The 2nd Amendment, an Amendment the States agreed upon to follow, specifically states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, therefore they are prohibited from infringing upon that right. It makes no sense to argue that the Constitution allows for the States to prohibit firearms while having an Amendment specifically stating that right shall not be infringed. If that was the case, then what is the point of even having a 2nd Amendment? It's like saying the States can pass laws to prevent people from going to church, having a trial by jury, or being able to criticize their government leaders since the Constitution doesn't specifically state the States cannot do it. They were written to protect all Americans' life, liberty, and property, and the 2nd Amendment is the one to defend life, liberty, and property. Undermining the 2nd Amendment only weakens the foundation of the entire Document.

Octo wins the thread.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    My main concern is that the obama crew doesn't get a 2nd term. If they do, they will have no cuase to hold back any and all policies that forward their agenda and gun control will be on that list. What will they have to lose.

I like some of the stuff cain and paul have to say but whoever the GOP nominates needs all the support they can get. If its Romney, he won't go against the base on the 2nd in my opinion.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My understanding is that the U.S. Constitution sets the "floor" for rights. States can expand those rights (the "ceiling"), but states cannot restrict the rights protected by the U.S. Constitution.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I think he has given a good "political" answer to the question. I am hoping that his pro-constitution views will lead him to be at the very least, not anti-gun. In the meantime, maybe it is best if noone makes him out to be a "gun loving fanatic" so that he can pull in some voters who might not appreciate guns the way we do. Its too bad we can't ask him on the sly, get the good news, and let it lay without the libs using it as ammo against him. IMO if you'd rather have him than Obama, just let it lie at this point.

The problem with electing RP to the presidency is that people know what to ask him to get sound bytes. He has personal convictions and a personal integrity that don't allow him to give "political" responses thus he gives the media juicy bytes in which they edit to make him look ridiculous. Maybe Cain has learned from this?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    How about kids? The 2A doesn't say anything about not letting kids buy guns with their paper route money. Should a ten-year-old be able to walk into a gun store without the knowledge or approval of his parents, and buy a Hi-Point, or worse, a Glock?

What about driver's license? Every state has regulations about how it's awarded. Is there a ban on driver's license? Or a ban on cars?

Sure, you can regulate something to death, which is what you're talking about, but not all regulations are "regulations to death."

Da Bing

10 year olds aren't recognized citizens with a right to vote. The right to drive on state owned streets isn't guaranteed in the constitution either.

The right to keep and bear arms is, however, guaranteed to not be infringed. This is a much higher standard than other privileges and rights.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've seen more double talk out of Cain than I can tollerate. He will not have my vote.

He made a speech about the Mexican boarder where he said he would electrify it to kill people trying to cross. The next day, when questioned about it, he said it was a joke. The day after, he went back to being serious about it. WTF???

Then I read a transcript about his position on abortion. Crazy cake and eating it to style talking. "I'm pro-life, it is up to you to make that decision for yourself, I'd vote to ban all abortions, it's your body, blah blah blah". What a freaking joke!

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was trying to find any new info on him since his Wolf Blitzer comments. I was hoping he would clarify his position which is something he will need to do IMO.
    I like a lot of things he says and Perry has done a lot of damage with his immigration debacle. Paul is still a favorite.

I'd just like to hear more from Cain and if anyone can provide links to any further statements by him on the issue.

Plus I'd rather not wade through 4 pages of barstool debate about the 14th.
    Check this out:
    http://www.therightscoop.com/herman-cain-brings-the-house-down-at-values-voter-summit/

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    ... know if I'm voting for Barney Fife, or Howdy Doody. So it'll be Cain.
    Just so you know if you vote for Cain you will be voting for one of the biggest wall street insiders that is running. Cain was the director of the Kansas city branch of the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul is the only hope this country has.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love Herman...

and as far as Obama controlling guns...no way that could happen. Waaaaay too many jobs would be lost, and people would just aquire guns illegally. Just think of all the shooting ranges, gun stores, ammo manufacturers, accessory manufacturers....just no way the Gov. could put them all out of business.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    The more I hear the more I like. Plus it's a given that he is out front now the paulbots are squealing louder.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Cain is a wall street insider. The privately owned central bank called the federal reserve is responsible for the death of our economy. We must end the fed if we ever want to be a sovereign nation again, not part of the global government, and global banking system that is coming. The last thin we can do is elect an ex-director of the federal reserve to be president. Ron Paul is the only choice to get our country back. Watch the documentary on you tube called "Money Masters". It is a great history lesson about the federal reserve, central banks, and currency. Very interesting.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/herman-cains-hidden-nine.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs[/ame]

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Cain is a wall street insider. The privately owned central bank called the federal reserve is responsible for the death of our economy. We must end the fed if we ever want to be a sovereign nation again, not part of the global government, and global banking system that is coming. The last thin we can do is elect an ex-director of the federal reserve to be president. Ron Paul is the only choice to get our country back. Watch the documentary on you tube called "Money Masters". It is a great history lesson about the federal reserve, central banks, and currency. Very interesting.

Prison Planet.com » Herman Cain’s Hidden Nine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

Time to add another paulbot to the ignore list

Top Bottom