• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Man I always dred the pool opening its alot of work... All the leaves and water from last year on the cover, getting the cover off and not get'n the leaves in the pool.... Then the cleaning and chems. , but I guess in the end its all worth it when the kids and grandson and his friends are yelling and playing ... Big smiles makes it worth it all... I guess ? I try to have it open and ready for the end of may... We will see as long as the weather holds out and it stays warm...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I went for 3 years without a cover in a wooded neighborhood (27 trees on my property). I had to drain, clean (about 400lbs of leaves/muck), power wash, and refill (500 ft hose to nearest hydrant). It was a weeklong project. This year.... Pull off super awesome safety cover, start pump, fill chlorinator, done!! I looked under the cover a few days ago and it looks just as it did the day I cleaned and closed it!! Finally!!!!! The last 2 years I wrestled with opening it or just filling that sucker in!!!

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    We look forward every year to my idiot neighbors pool opening. We never know what sort of swamp creature is going to appear but we always know it will be a circus. Last year they had to hock off the heater to pay for a new liner, two years ago I had to call (along with another neighbor) the health department. There's more but I will save it for the next few weeks when I am sure this years opening will happen, I just hope I am home.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm glad I have a lake instead of a pool. I'm not a big fan of swimming in an environment meant to kill anything trying to live in it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I too have pool. I too HATE having a pool.:(

It's a 16X32 above ground. I can't wait till the wife gives the OK to take it down. There will be some serious ballistic testing done in the backyard on that fine day.:ar15:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Call us at keiths pools service and repair for any of your pools needs. We are currently installing and booking, openings, installs, repairs, heater and equipment installs, get on the list quick.
    We are a small son and pop business with a solid customer base and super reputation.
    We handle just about everything pools.

We are also pro 2A:patriot: and 100% American.

Call our office and talk to Chris 317-381-2177

Pools are like a consistent running car that's for sure.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to do all the maint. on the MIL pool. Open it up, close it down, clean up the filters, install a new pump etc.
    That is why I do not and will not have a pool.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I have had my share of ups and downs with our pool, wanted to smash it to pieces, fill it in with you name it. But at the end of the day I've gotten pretty good with now over the years and the kids love it. Not to mention after 8 solid hours of yard work or building something.... walking into the AC just doesn't compare to jumping into the pool. It literally took me years of trial and error, paying people, online forums just like this one, but I finally have it figured out now and it's actually pretty easy now. What I have noticed is that 85% of the advice I get from pool experts, shops,... Etc. Is all overkill. I'm not saying it's without benefit, but these days all I really worry about is clear water. Once I stopped being concerned with "test and chem" levels and everything being perfect I started enjoying my pool a whole lot more. I use algaecide and chlorine - easy peasy and everyone loves it. Not to mention, for as much time as my family spends on the water, it makes me happy that my kids are great swimmers by the time they're 4 yrs old!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had an inground pool put in when I lived in Virginia. I absolutely loved it. We spent all of our time out there. Plus, when the kids were teenagers they always had their friends over at our house instead of going someplace else. Hard to put a price on knowing what your kids are doing and who their friends are.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Got the trap and leaves off so Im good to go now, by no means did I mean to come off that I don't love the pool, its just the trap and leaf part that bites for me... But with that being said that parts done and now I can get the chems in and start to get it up to temp. and everyone will have some fun in the sun... I love our pool its just that dred of the tarp and them dang leaves I dred, but it was easier then I thought it was gonna be.. I guess I prob. made it sound worse then it really was or as I thought it was gonna be.... But alls good now and im happy happy happy.... ;) I guess a little hard work never hurts anyone...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    had an above ground pool years ago. Hubby took care of it routinely. Walked out one day and the water was not so nice and decided he was tired of it. Took an axe and walked around punching holes in it. Flooded the neighbors yard. Fun times

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I too have pool. I too HATE having a pool.:(

It's a 16X32 above ground. I can't wait till the wife gives the OK to take it down. There will be some serious ballistic testing done in the backyard on that fine day.:ar15:

Today was the day...

It was all I dreamed it would be.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This thread is funny. LOL! I don't have a pool, but I'm thinking about joining the country club this year.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Love me some pool time.. But cleaning the damn thing , not so much.. First time in 4 years not gonna have to deal with a pool, albeit a cheap one... Already miss it! The next week is gonna be good pool temps...

Top Bottom