• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have a couple Henry rimfires and a steel big-loop carbine tube-loader in .327 Magnum. It's a handy-dandy little carbine, and the .327 is an awesome little round.

As for the rimfires, no, they are not the solid steel that our old Marlins and Winchesters are, but they are entry-level pure fun. Side-by-side with my higher end levers, they are the slickest, smoothest action of the bunch.

Here's a little photo-op I was thinking about sending to Anthony at Henry, to try to convince them to make a 17 HM2 carbine. The ammo underneath the rifle is HM2. I was thinking about a "Made-in-the-USA" marketing campaign, with Hornady/Henry/Leupold collaboration.

Alas, I never sent it to Anthony, so there's no 17 HM2 Henry yet. This rifle is in 22 Mag, and likes the heavier projectiles, 50 grain Fed in particular.

20160626_133232_001.jpg

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Love my henry 30-30 wirh case harden look. And my henry x in 357. Wish my 3030 was a side load but ill keep it forever. Maybe just add a side load one day.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I've heard many people rag on Henry lever actions, but I am solidly a fan. There are many stories of Henry customer service going above and beyond.

I do wish they would totally move out of NJ though.
    What model are you looking at.
    The finest customer service I have ever experienced in whatever product.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I love my Henry H010B 45-70. I wish it was a side load, but the one I own just happened to be the only Henry in-stock at Cabelas when I walked in with enough Cabelas points to make it mine. I knew I wanted a Henry, and had it narrowed down to a short list - This one was on it. This may also fit as a post in the "First world problems" thread. I really don't have a lot to bitch about. (If I was home and not at work, I would take a pic of my actual gun. Attached is a net pic very similar to mine)HENRY.jpg

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I own a Henry golden boy and have shot many other models of theirs in many other calibers. I have never seen anything that would make me think anything but quality. Very nice American made lever actions.

I would not hesitate to buy more Henry rifles and in fact plan to

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I am an old gun guy, love the wood and blue. BUT, my LGS got one of the Henry "X" in yesterday and I am thinking about going 'black'...
    Yes, even though the traditional wood & blue/brass are sharp, I really like the looks of the X models too. So, now you just have to decide which model to get? .410, .38/.357, .44 ... jeez more difficult decision. I know I know...get them all! Heck, I also like their all-weather finishes too. Hmmm, can you tell I haven't been able to decide on my FIRST one yet?

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    I own two Henry’s and love them both! I have an all weather 45/70 and a standard 22 that will shoot LR, Shorts, and Aguila Super Colibri’s. Henry is an extraordinary company. I even had the opportunity to swap a few emails with Anthony Imperato, the owner of the company! He is a straight up class act!

Attachments

• CEC5D36A-9588-4EA7-94A5-431CD3963347.jpeg
      CEC5D36A-9588-4EA7-94A5-431CD3963347.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 7

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've got a couple Henrys as well, a Big Boy Steel in 357 and a Golden Boy in 22LR. Good Lord the Golden Boy is the smoothest lever action I've ever cycled, and the Big Boy Steel could be if I shot it more. And the wood is equally as gorgeous on the 22LR as it is on the 357.

I've had the Long Ranger in 223/556. It was just fine and pretty accurate, but in my mind a military caliber fits a little better with a bolt action setup.

I'd love to get a 357 with the side loading gate, but they aren't readily available at all. I'm currently in deep inner turmoil over finding a Henry Pump H003T in 22LR. They are just as hard to find as the newer side loading gate offerings and pricing is straight-up MSRP when they do come up.

This thread demands more pics!! Big Boy Steel in 357 below:

jOpfEGT.jpg

Top Bottom