• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I just picked this up from a friend of the family for $150. I feel it is a good price as it is in like new condition. She bought it new 9 or 10 years ago and just doesn't shoot it anymore. I'm just curious to know if anyone else runs one of these and if it was in fact a good deal. It is the round barrel one. I think it is a model H003.

7844b1e0.jpg

b3444471.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Awesome. I love hearing that. I couldn't find much info on this gun as it has been discontinued. I am going to shoot it tomorrow. Hopefully feed it a box of federal and golden bullets. See what it likes. Everything I read on the henry's has been good so far, especially the customer service if there ever is a problem.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a Henry lever gun and lately use it as an ammo disposal. I bought some junk ammo that jambed up every semi-auto I tried it in. The Henry hasn't had any trouble with it. They make some very first rate rifles!!!

For what it's worth, the junk ammo was PMC .22LR. Heavy wax coating gummed up mags, and the ammo itself isn't that evenly loaded. When I bought it I thought all PMC was Korean, which has been pretty good, but this stuff came from Mexico. Avoid at all cost in semi-autos.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Yeah. It is a good looking little gun. It is in brand new condition. There is not a scratch or mark on it. I am going to go shoot it today. I cannot wait to pump that thing. Lol

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Very nice! I wish I had the same buddy who was selling it....lol

Did you get a chance to shoot it?

A pump action 22 is going to be my next 22 rifle. I just need a deal like yours to come around.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We went and shot it yesterday. It is about 6" shorter than my bolt action springfield 56. It's a totally different beast. I still like the bolt action better and the sights on that one too. There is a rail on the henry though so I think there is a little scope in its future. I just something to do some plinking at 100 +or- yards. But since I should have my ltch in 2-14 days, I am going to be trying to locate an OD p22 first than a scope.

jwh7399

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Granger
    Any good?

I know this is an older thread, I was just wondering if you had shot the Henry any more?

I'm looking for a pump .22 and wanted your opinion on the quality and reliability of the Henry.

Thanks,
    Jon

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I haven't shot it too much. I'm not much a fan of the tube fed. That said, it works wonderfully. The fit and finish is great. I did have a couple feed/eject issues but I figured that was the old federal bulk ammo as I had the same problems with the same ammo and different guns. All in all, great gun.

jwh7399

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Granger
    Thanks for the reply!

I've read alot of great reviews of the Henry rifles and I understand that they have a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner.

I've also read that if you cycle the action quickly "like you mean it" they feed more reliably.

Thanks again,
    Jon

Top Bottom