• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    zombies and pirates are very good reasons, but maybe if you were able to have her put some rounds down the range with one, perhaps you may just have two AR's in the family.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    must have a SHTF rifle...if that doesnt work let her shoot one, light recoil...she'll love it as Mr Martin has said maybe you'll end up with more than one

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    My wife can be hard to convince when it comes to spending on guns.

I simply asked her one day, if gas hits 30 dollars a gallon and stores have no food, and the riff raff from the east side starts driving around our neigborhood....would you feel better if I had one in the safe with 500 rounds or we had 600 more bucks in a closed bank. She is a smart women and got the point.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Just get that puppy dog look in your eyes, and then say "but baby, I got this to protect you." It usually works for me. :D haha

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    My wife can be hard to convince when it comes to spending on guns.

I simply asked her one day, if gas hits 30 dollars a gallon and stores have no food, and the riff raff from the east side starts driving around our neigborhood....would you feel better if I had one in the safe with 500 rounds or we had 600 more bucks in a closed bank. She is a smart women and got the point.

You can pick up a AR for 600 bucks?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    If it's your play money you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

This is key.

My wife and I have a budget for everything - saving, debt reduction, expenses, you name it. Two of the most important budget items are "His Guilt-Free Fund" and "Hers Guilt-Free Fund." Every pay day, a fixed amount of cash goes in to each Guilt Free Fund.

I don't want her taking the mortgage money or the IRA and spending them on a mink coat. She doesn't want me taking out a home equity line of credit and buying an MG-42. Perfectly reasonable on both our parts.

So the deal is, if she wants to save up her Guilt Free Fund for however long it takes to buy a mink coat, good for her. Same for me and the MG-42.

It sure beats fighting over who bought what, and it sure beats lying about guns or hiding them.

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'll also preface it with a really nice dinner and maybe a gift certificate to victorias secret.
    Maybe a massage instead of Victoria's secret or a massage AND Victorias secret and some jewelry. Because if you are going to spend that chunk of change she needs a reciprocal feeling bonus too. You both get something nice, and she can't complain because she too is her cake so can't complain about you getting yours.

Honestly here goes, as far as my man goes he could bring home whatever he wanted gun wise as long as we are taken care of and I get to shoot it. So as far as your woman goes, I really don't know as I don't have that mind set that guns aren't fun or that they are a waste. Tell her if all else fails it is to save her from zombie attack.

***posted this and then read the rest of the thread lol

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Buy the gun while you still can I am pretty sure they won't try to ban women for awhile so she can be replaced!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    "Because it goes with my shoes/boots"

or maybe "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Tell her that when the country falls into civil unrest/war due to the presidents (and congresses) communist plots, that the .556 round will be the easiest to scavenge from the bodies of UN troops littering the countryside, from other countries that are on our soil trying to put down the patriots...I mean terrorists.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    1 word. Layaway. If you put $99 a week on an AR, you're golden.

This is exactly what I was gonna say it keepsit under your amount and would only take maybe 12 weeks to do it. Then you will feel like you have a surplus of cash when you have that xtra 99 around every week

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Geez, I've had to do this 4 times with "black rifles", and the hardest one is the first one. Like in past threads, it's an investment, and that's all she'll understand.

I'm not condoning "lying", but like I said, the first one, cause once you drag it out, she won't tell the difference in one from the other.

Try this, " I bought this for you honey:laugh: See, this one is even shorter than mine and look!, the stock shrinks down for you.";)

They are fun, and she should understand they make you happy, and keep you out of trouble. We hope.:D

Good Luck!!

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    You need one to be able to compete in 3 gun competitions right? The ammo is cheaper than 308 and it doesnt kick near as much so she can shoot it too.:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom