• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    My wife doesnt mind me buying guns. The one stipulation however is I have to be able to justify the purchase and I can only own one of each. A few examples

Glock 19 - Its my primary carry
    Ruger LCP - Its my pocket gun when I cant dress for the Glock
    Colt 1911 - Everyone has to own a 1911
    Ruger SP101 (havent purchased yet but) I dont own a revolver

I've always wanted to AR-15 for the simple fact that they are like barbie for for men. There are just SOOOO many different configurations. Unfortuanetly that isnt a valid reason as far as the wife is concerned. How can I justify a AR-15 purchase?

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Because owning guns is a hobby. If it's your play money you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

But if you really need a reason, then it's because you don't own anything in .223 yet. =)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    How can I justify a AR-15 purchase?

Tell her you've recently become interested in military reenactments. You want to reenact scenes from the movie "Black Hawk Down" and you need an AR to really get the right "feel" for the character.

You'll also want some cool-guy web gear and a carbine class. :D

10405f.jpg

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    Because owning guns is a hobby. If it's your play money you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

But if you really need a reason, then it's because you don't own anything in .223 yet. =)

Haha, I tried that. She replied "You also don't own anything in - And began to list off every caliber that I don't own anything in - Do you need to by one of all of those??" To which I replied ....um.....yes?. didnt work out so well But come to think of it I guess I could make the arguement that I simply dont own a assault rifle and this one would keep me busy for months. I'll also preface it with a really nice dinner and maybe a gift certificate to victorias secret.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Honey, I don't NEED an AR-15, but if you'll just check, all my friends have one. They're making fun of me and calling me AR-Less. I don't know if I can even show my face at work tomorrow.

If it works, go for an EOTech reflex sight also.:D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Does she keep your spine in her closet?

I have never spent money on a firearm, but I have invested in quite a few.

They each are worth at least as much, or more than I paid for them.

Would she object if you put $1000 into a savings account or purchase $1000 in precious metals? Why would she object if you purchase a $1000 AR that is worth $1000 a year from now.

Good luck, sorry if I am not too understanding. This controlling attitude of women drives me nuts. Especially when they don't know what they are talking about.

I'll be quiet now....

(Just don't tell me you are the guy who put the ad in the paper; Must Sell 2008 Harley, JUST GOT MARRIED) <<to the wrong woman>>>

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Rollo: If you would like your testicles in tact, why didnt you say so. Just tell her you have to get one before Obama outlaws buying them. PS, Make sure you get plenty mags for it. Oh ya, and ammo.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    Does she keep your spine in her closet?

I have never spent money on a firearm, but I have invested in quite a few.

They each are worth at least as much, or more than I paid for them.

Would she object if you put $1000 into a savings account or purchase $1000 in precious metals? Why would she object if you purchase a $1000 AR that is worth $1000 a year from now.

Good luck, sorry if I am not too understanding. This controlling attitude of women drives me nuts. Especially when they don't know what they are talking about.

I'll be quiet now....

(Just don't tell me you are the guy who put the ad in the paper; Must Sell 2008 Harley, JUST GOT MARRIED) <<to the wrong woman>>>

We have an agreement. Any purchase over 100.00 needs to be "authorized" by the other. Trust me, this works in my favor as well...

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'll also preface it with a really nice dinner and maybe a gift certificate to victorias secret.

Nothing quite like giving a 'gift' that's really for you! Smooth...:naughty:

In all seriousness, tell her that you are looking to get into some 3-gun competition and need the rifle now so you can put in some range time and get proficient before you compete. That at least SOUNDS legit. Use this one if she is not too sympathetic to needing ranged SD weapon.

If she IS sympathetic to ranged SD weapons, tell her that you are missing a longer range weapon. That IS legit.

Let us know what actually works...could come in handy! :ingo:

Just so we're all on the same page here. . . AR-15s are not 'assault rifles'.
    Yeah, what he said.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Fun. Pure fun. Wonderful target gun, great for several kinds of matches, a better home defense gun than a shotgun, IMHO.

If that fails, try "Because I SAID so, woman!"

After she finishes beating you, she'll guilty and then SHE'LL go buy you one :D

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Tell her it is your "Homeland Defense" rifle. If we are serious about "keeping and bearing arms", we should each have a military grade rifle. The civilian AR-15 is the closest we have to the current miltary issue rifle.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom