• Poll closed .

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    hello.

I currently own a kahr p380, glock 26, and ruger lc9 (EDC).

I pretty much have the small guns covered and i am wanting more power for the home defense, range, and woods carry. I used to own xdm 40 and liked it and regret selling it. I trying to decide between a few guns. I would like any input anyone can give about their personal preferences and experiences with any of these guns.

Glock 23 gen 4
    xdm 3.8 40
    ruger sr40c

possibly considering

glock 30
    xdm 3.8 45

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I like the Glocks (just not a fan of the grip safety on the XDs). That being said, I would go with a gen 3 G23 over a gen 4. I like to have a rail for my x300, and I personally like the finger groves on the Gen 3 over the flat faced Gen 2. I also am not a fan of the way the Gen 4 feels (or looks), but if you like the Gen 4 I would go with a glock.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My personal preference is Glock, but that is just me. Glock is what I know, what I carry, and what I like.

Honestly though, I do not see anything wrong with anyone of the handguns you listed. In my experience they are all great weapons and reliable. So the good news is you really can't go wrong no matter what you choose! Go with what feels best to you and it will serve you well.
    Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

maperry2125

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 23 I use as my main home defense weapon. I have added a Streamlight TLR-1 light. I have put about 1500 rounds through the gun and never had a problem. I have always preferred the way a Glock feels compared to other hand guns.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    If you can shoot any of them before you buy, do it. I never thought Id like Glocks, but now I love em. I shoot very good with them, as they seem to fit my hand better than some others. They never quit. None on your list will either though, but you need to find one thats best for you, not for someone else, because what works for me, might not work for you.
    The only other thing Id mention is to maybe add HKs USPs to your list, and think ahead. Whats the worst thing you think you might use the gun for, and plan accordingly. Backwoods in Indiana isnt so bad, but backwoods in Tennessee where there are bear would necessitate having a larger caliber....although any gun is better than none in any situation where you need one.

Top Bottom