• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Lol, 3 hours later I requested assistance. And it still took 11 more hours.

Or did you mean, after I became a paying customer and i was still denied the access promised, I went about requesting assistance in an improper manner?

Also, being the "it's on the website, L2R" e-thug doesn't make you right. As a matter fact, the very existence of a thread about PAYING CUSTOMERS BEING DENIED THE VERY ACCESS THEY PAID FOR is proof in and of itself that the process handling Site Supporters flawed and needs to be changed.

You still didn't read the link did you? Firstly, you're not a paying customer. You are not "paying for access". It's made very clear that it is a donation to help the site, and in return, you are granted certain considerations. Secondly, the way you went about requesting assistance is VERY SPECIFICALLY SPELLED OUT as being the wrong way to get help. And as a matter of fact, it DOES make me right.

Since you didn't want to read the "it's on the website, L2R e-thug" (whatever that means), I'll go ahead and quote it here:

When you signed up for Site Supporter status using the automated tool in your UserCP, there was a prominent notice that read as follows:
    VERY IMPORTANT NOTE THAT IS FREQUENTLY IGNORED (DON'T BE THAT GUY!):
    If you are donating to bypass the 50-post Classified restriction, please PM Scutter01 after becoming a Supporter to let him know as additional work will need to be done to allow you into the Classifieds.
    Guess what? You're that guy. You didn't PM me to make the appropriate adjustment to your account, or you PM'ed me with gibberish and assumed I'd understand why you were contacting me, or you PM'ed or e-mailed someone who isn't me and then two weeks later you posted a rant about how we ignored you. If you did not PM me AFTER becoming a Supporter and specifically request that I adjust your account, then the adjustment did not get made.

Please note that using the Contact Us form, e-mailing the administrator, or PMing Fenway WILL NOT GET YOUR ACCOUNT ADJUSTED. The ONLY WAY is to follow the directions above.

Thanks!
    I happen to know for a fact that you did not PM me to have you account adjusted. And if you had, you would have gotten your requested access within a few minutes instead of 3, 11, or 14 hours later, whichever number it is this time. You can rant all you want, but it's not going to change the fact that you didn't follow directions and then got upset when things weren't done your way. In fact, you're still getting upset, calling me an "e-thug" and doing everything to prove to me how wrong you think I am. We have 30,000 members on this site and we can't do things differently for each person. We have a set of procedures that work very well when people follow them.

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seabass, give it up. You cannot win. Your only recourse is the same as I told Chainsaw:

Chainsaw, you will also need to develop a thick skin to hang around here. Many of us are first class, rubbish talking jerks. Push the right button and folks will attack like union workers on scabs.

I also said he would get no sympathy.

Just forget about it and go search the classifieds. There is a great deal out there with your name on it. Somebody is waiting for your call.

Seriously, dude. Let it go and jump in the deep end. By the end of the day you'll be as big a jerk as the rest of us. :laugh:

Welcome to :ingo:!!!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey, Scutter, ease up. We all have to learn, and the guy did pay his $15 so it is his right to complain about the ref! We understand that you are just doing your job, and maintaing the forum's standards. We recognize what you are doing is important.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't bother. Some people just want to complain and accuse. If you refute their accusations, then you're just an "l2r e-thug".

I have been called worse.....I think, maybe............:):

It is obvious he joined to get a shot at the Glock. If it were a 1911 I might understand.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey, Scutter, ease up. We all have to learn, and the guy did pay his $15 so it is his right to complain about the ref! We understand that you are just doing your job, and maintaing the forum's standards. We recognize what you are doing is important.

Very well. I'll get back in my hole and keep my mouth shut.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    By the time I get 50 post, the gun will be sold or the seller out of the notion.

Sorry, don't mean to be so negative, I just can't understand this setup.

Chainsaw, first of all, Welcome to INGO:ingo:

Fenway set INGO up to be a forum of gunowners to share knowledge and ideas so that we can be more informed and better stewards of out 2A rights.

The classifieds are merely a secondary function, nothing more than a by product of the forum.

Indiana Gunowner's main function is a forum.

The rules set forth to enter the classifieds are to help prevent new users from swooping in and taking advantage of great prices set by fellow INGO members who are looking to sell a item.

Please take the time to adhere to the same of rules we all of have abided by, and become a useful member.

Other wise, purchase a site supporter membership, don't post and we'll see what your real motives are.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get buy what you see, take your time to smell the grass, watch the roses bloom and feel the air blow across your brow. Let members get to know you and more than likely you'll have a great transaction down the road.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Welcome Chainsaw, everybody hates the 50 post rule until they hit 50 posts, usually by then they have seen the light and enjoy the company of like minded gun owners. Good things come to those who wait, another gun will come along at a better price, or with more options, just wait.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......Seriously, dude. Let it go and jump in the deep end. By the end of the day you'll be as big a jerk as the rest of us. :laugh:

Sorry, wrong!

It takes years to reach my level of jerkiness, not days like you would have him believe.

Printcraft - 8th Dan Jerkmeister.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I know why he is upset... he missed his opportunity to buy the only G26 that is now, has ever been, or ever will be up for sale.

Wait... It's still for sale... What are we *****ing about again?

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    This is a gun site? :dunno:

I thought this is where you learn what goes well with Bacon :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:
    and Bourbon :alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:(everything in either case)

and "oh yeah" when someone buys the last box of 9mm ammo at a Wal Mart near you.
    :rockwoot::ingo::rockwoot:

PS Yes, everyone would have been much nicer if you were trying to buy a 1911 (especially a Colt).:cool:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Very well. I'll get back in my hole and keep my mouth shut.

Until you are summoned forth once again...

kraken.jpg

...It takes years to reach my level of jerkiness, not days like you would have him believe.

Printcraft - 8th Dan Jerkmeister.

They rack disciprine.

pai+mei+vs+the+bride+kill+bill+vol+2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom