• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hi, everyone. I am a south sider from Indianpolis. The wife and I have never owned a gun and are now looking to get one. We want one for home protection to be kept in a safe by the nightstand and to take to a shooting range a few times a year. We are in our late 40's and know little about firearms. But we thought it would be something we could enjoy together and feel safer at home. There have been a lot of strange happenings in our neighborhood (break ins, car thefts, etc.) and our dog is too old to be reliable any longer.

So we will be looking through all of the great info here and choosing a good firearm sometime in the next month or so. We also are interested in finding a reputable gun dealer and are not objectionable to buying used from a dealer or individual as long as it is all above board.

Thanks everyone.

LoveMyRuger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Southside Indy
    Southsider, too

Hello from Garfield Park area! I never considered owning a gun before going along with a friend to Atterbury in March...just to hang out together. Now I'm SO hooked...thanks in large part to INGO forums. This is a great forum and very addictive.
    Be sure to consider training. Jim Heath on the FAR Southeastside provides great NRA certified classes and has a great setup as well. 862-3237

My favorite store (of any kind) is Beech Grove Firearms. They opened up on Main Street early this past summer and there is always helpful staff. I bought my favorite, a S&W 638 Bodyguard for an excellent price and have bought two used guns and a new Ruger 22 since then. They just keep making great deals so I just keep going back! :DI'm sure glad they're on my side of town) Good luck and have fun identifying what you want to buy.
    :welcome:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Thank you. I intend to give them a look. So far I have been to Elmore's and they were packed to the doors, so I couldn't even get close to the counter. And I went to Bradis, they were also too busy to talk to me and I didn't want to take their time since I wasn't buying that day. But they did have a good stock of what I am looking for.

We intend to try Atterbury after the first of the year.
    Hello from Garfield Park area! I never considered owning a gun before going along with a friend to Atterbury in March...just to hang out together. Now I'm SO hooked...thanks in large part to INGO forums. This is a great forum and very addictive.
    Be sure to consider training. Jim Heath on the FAR Southeastside provides great NRA certified classes and has a great setup as well. 862-3237

My favorite store (of any kind) is Beech Grove Firearms. They opened up on Main Street early this past summer and there is always helpful staff. I bought my favorite, a S&W 638 Bodyguard for an excellent price and have bought two used guns and a new Ruger 22 since then. They just keep making great deals so I just keep going back! :DI'm sure glad they're on my side of town) Good luck and have fun identifying what you want to buy. :welcome:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Central Indy Guy-

Welcome to INGO, and welcome to the world of firearms!

I also live on the Southside, in Franklin Township. By reading your posts so far, it seems like you've got a good mindset and you have an idea of what you want, even if its not specific yet.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd also be more than willing to meet with you anytime and discuss options when it comes to gun ownership.

Just let me know!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Welcome to a great forum. :rockwoot:

I'm a 51 year old that became re-interested in firearms about 5 years ago. Live in Brown county.

You'll get lots of good information on this discussion board!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom