• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    20' of it for $60 to be precise. 6" at the base, so I hear...It's by far my favorite craigslist purchase. Fantastic seller, just a great guy.

Now... To find a way to drop it in a 4' hole...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For what purpose?

Want to build a climbing wall, this will serve as the post at junction of two 90 degree walls. It will have some arms on the top for belay ropes and to suspend a climbing rope for exercise

Have you had that wood for more than 4 hours? If so have you called yourself?

hahaha. I told my wife. She said it was nowhere near 6" and stop buying things on craigslist

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Dig your four foot hole, from about four feet away dig a trench as wide as the post that tapers to about three feet deep going towards the four foot hole.
    Place log over tapered trench and you and one or more laborers lift up post from opposite end and hand walk the post up to the standing position.
    When post drops down into last foot of hole, one or more can easily hold it in place while others shovel hole full while tamping ( compacting ) dirt.

You also could add two men with ropes at say, 160% apart that can help pull the pole up after its been raised off the ground. You also might want to but a piece of wood / plywood in the back of the 4' hole so the post doesn't shave dirt off the side of the hole when being raised.

Think like a Egyptian..

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Dig your four foot hole, from about four feet away dig a trench as wide as the post that tapers to about three feet deep going towards the four foot hole.
    Place log over tapered trench and you and one or more laborers lift up post from opposite end and hand walk the post up to the standing position.
    When post drops down into last foot of hole, one or more can easily hold it in place while others shovel hole full while tamping ( compacting ) dirt.

You also could add two men with ropes at say, 160% apart that can help pull the pole up after its been raised off the ground. You also might want to but a piece of wood / plywood in the back of the 4' hole so the post doesn't shave dirt off the side of the hole when being raised.

Think like a Egyptian..

Meh! Too Much work! Tie a piece of rope about 4' down from the top. run the rope back the length of the post across the hole to the back of your truck. Pull the post slowly until its base is above the hole, have your helper lift up on the opposite end of the post to wedge it against the hole and guide/lift the post as it rises to drop in the hole with little effort. Keep the kiddies back, have plenty of rope and keep your eyes open. Works great! Did it with two posts last year in our back yard with me guiding/lifting and the GF driving the tow vehicle!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Lol... That's your world.. I'll take the safer road,, Id rather not be
    " here watch this "

Remember this, when it goes wrong. Make sure you run the right way.
    Gross tonnage ALWAYS WINS..

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That's how I moved my safe into place... A series of dowels on the floor to roll it over.

...That and 400 captive Jews to push/pull.

Pfft, caveman.:rolleyes:

I just put mine on 4 of those, as seen on TV, plastic, furniture sliders...

msjV1mzAPjVdwLuchIkNzVw.jpg

Top Bottom