• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    There's no "soon". It started. People are retiring early, leaving for more rural/friendlier locations, or just changing fields. The number of applicants has dropped dramatically. Like less then 10% of what it used to be. Guys used to complain about the pay, but just like soldiers pay isn't why they put their butts on the line. Now the complain about 'the climate', and people aren't willing to risk their lives and freedom for a society they don't believe wants them.
    And haven`t the standards already been lowered? They`ll have to be lowered even further to allow the new crops of thug underachievers to make the grade.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And haven`t the standards already been lowered? They`ll have to be lowered even further to allow the new crops of thug underachievers to make the grade.

Well, it's definitely true that folks that would not have previously been hired are hired now. Sometimes it's changes that don't really affect anything but tradition. Visible tattoos, for example. I have no idea what the testing process is like now. There used to be height requirements, those died long ago. You can definitely be fatter now that you used to be.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if at the end of all this people will be drafted into the police force like they were once drafted into the military.:dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wonder if at the end of all this people will be drafted into the police force like they were once drafted into the military.:dunno:
    Once the Constitution has been killed and buried they won't have any problems finding people eager to be the police. Unfortunately 99% are of the ilk that make up the 1% of heavy handed or corrupt cops we have now. Then we'll all really reap the rewards of woke.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012

i had to read this a few times to really see that the law maker's are in such a hurry to protect the criminals that they don't even take the time to read their own bills. the champion of the new laws didn't realize how assinine they are.

at least he has the b***s to admit how confused he

i had to read this a few times to really see that the law maker's are in such a hurry to protect the criminals that they don't even take the time to read their own bills. the champion of the new laws didn't realize how assinine they are.

at least he has the b***s to admit how confused he is.
    This is what happens when community organizers write legislation. They threw everything into it, including the kitchen sink. Why would any PD want to respond to a call under this legislation?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I tend to believe that this is a very good, well balanced assessment of some of the problems and issues with LE and society overall today.

I would truly appreciate hearing any LEO's take on what has been brought up here. Where is the author spot on? Where does he miss by a mile? And what is left out that glares at you daily?

Regards,

Doug

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This is what happens when community organizers write legislation. They threw everything into it, including the kitchen sink. Why would any PD want to respond to a call under this legislation?
    and that's exactly what's going to happen. not only do they have to worry about being crucified for defending themselves & the population, they are being assaulted by the same violent thugs that that the dysfunctional courts put back on the streets.

police across the country are no longer afraid to speak out. notice how the prosecutor denies seeing the problem with his policies.

i'm loving the fact that impd's fop president speaks up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, it's definitely true that folks that would not have previously been hired are hired now. Sometimes it's changes that don't really affect anything but tradition. Visible tattoos, for example. I have no idea what the testing process is like now. There used to be height requirements, those died long ago. You can definitely be fatter now that you used to be.
    Great. Fat midget cops.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I tend to believe that this is a very good, well balanced assessment of some of the problems and issues with LE and society overall today.

I would truly appreciate hearing any LEO's take on what has been brought up here. Where is the author spot on? Where does he miss by a mile? And what is left out that glares at you daily?

Regards,

Doug

He's right on a few things and generally for the wrong reasons. He doesn't even understand how the 911 system works. If anybody is being promoted based on response time metrics, it's nowhere near here. I got tired of reading it about 1/3 of the way through because there was more wrong than right.

Basically he's a guy who's watched some surgeries and now thinks he understands all there is to know about doctors. Some of it's right, some of it's wrong, and his understanding is much more limited then what he thinks it is.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What makes no sense to me is, if somebody REALLY believes the police are out to find an excuse to murder them just because of the color of their skin, WHY would they hand the police an excuse on a silver platter to murder them by resisting and fighting them?

Because they don't really believe that.

They just want to loot and murder without consequence and come up with the most hyperbolic rhetoric possible to attempt to snipe their opponent.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Because they don't really believe that.

They just want to loot and murder without consequence and come up with the most hyperbolic rhetoric possible to attempt to snipe their opponent.

I would have agreed in the past, but now I think it's more complicated then that. I think the actual criminals don't believe it. They know most cops play by the rules and the rules are pretty restrictive as far as when they can get shot. They'll taunt officers who've pulled a gun when they can't shoot because of that. Like literally taunt "whatcha gonna do, *&*&*&*, you ***&&& can't shoot me!" sort of stuff.

However, there are large segments of the population who routinely *see* police but don't *interact* with the police and are constantly fed a narrative that the police are dangerous, will kill you, etc. No, there are people who really do believe that, they just aren't the ones actually being killed for the most part. Especially when you're young, you tend to believe what people you trust tell you and think whatever you see is "normal". If you're an 18 year old who sees people who look like you getting "beaten" or killed and everyone says they were just minding their own business when the police jumped on them, you don't know any police, the media tells you police are bad, your dad is in prison for something you consider ok (drugs, for example) and you blame the police for that...why would you *not* believe it?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

i say if the "poor victim" hadn't been committing a crime to begin with...

all across the nation police are quitting or retiring early, this is why.

instead of prosecuting criminals for the greater safety of us all, he is going after the police.

to quote a great comedian..."i hope everything bad that can happen, happens to you."

“I don’t know all the evidence. I have not even listened to the tape. But I was like, ‘Wow. Wow.'”
    -Ellison

Facts do not matter when you have a narrative and agenda to push.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I can picture it now!

I get pulled over in Indy cop’s tell me “quit resisting“ and beat my a$$ while BBI is laughing in the background.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can picture it now!

I get pulled over in Indy cop’s tell me “quit resisting“ and beat my a$$ while BBI is laughing in the background.

Well, you probably wouldn't hear me laughing from my office window, but you would at least see me pointing. It wouldn't even cause me paperwork, now. I'm not seeing how I can lose in this situation....but I still don't recommend it. :D

Top Bottom