• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I don't know if this is BS or not. An old timer once told me that as a southpaw, I should stick with a Colt because the clockwise rotation of the cylinder forced the butt of the into my hand during recoil. As opposed to a counter clockwise rotation of a S&W that pulls the butt away from your hand :dunno: I have always been more accurate with a Colt, psychological? Why change. One thing is for sure, it is highly unlikely that Colt will ever make a revolver agin. at least not to the standards of quality that the pythons were. The value is sure to keep rising.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I traded my 2" and 4" Blue Pythons for;

S&W Mod 19 4"
    S&W Mod 28 4"
    S&W Mod 29 4"
    Belgium Browning High Power
    Walther P22
    I also got a little ammo. Can't pass up a 2 for 5 deal to often. The guns I got were not new by any means but they all functioned and were all original. I traded 2 of them off for other things and have shot all the others. I never shot the Pythons and to be honest I feel as if my Model 27 S&W is a better gun. I miss em sometimes but what cha gonna do?????? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got out of the .357 thing a few years back in favor of the .44 Mag.
    I sold two pythons and invested in other things. They were sweet shooters but the .44 has my heart. I have (2) anacondas and a SW mod. 29 in stainless with rosewood grips. Shoot them all.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    traded for it a few weeks ago.....wasn't really lookin' for it either...

b7xe2q.jpg

steveg26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Saw a used scratched up one at a gun show for 1200. Bought one from albro guns 14 years ago for 800.00. I miss that gun shop.

hnts4fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I carried a 586 as a duty gun. Nice gun; good balance; but NOT a Python. I have always wanted one and I consider their blue finish to be the gold standard.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Hell Colt doesn't even like to touch them.

Firetime warranty? HA!!! You have to pay them before they even touch it.

Smith all the way :yesway:

I think Colt and Smith have the same limited lifetime warranty. :dunno:
    You don't have to look far on the web to find a Smith (even a performance center) that is fixed to their standards and the warranty is completed for that particular issue. This happened to my M&P.
    Colt will work on anything Colt and do fantastic work, There is no blued finish prettier than Colt royal blue.
    You think a gun smith will work on a gun you sent him without some form of payment? :rolleyes:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I had a nice 4" blue Python. Sold it many many years ago for five hundred dollars.

Life is better now and I started looking to get another and boy was I shocked by the price today. I am still looking and will find someone some day that will sell one to me at a decent price.

Good looking and good shooting pistols.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Odd, but I have a rule (hopefully adhered to)....

My Colts must remain in blood family possession.

I grew up shooting a few, and hopefully my great great grandkids will do the same :)

If my kids sell my Colts I'm gonna be a poltergeist such that any TV show ghost hunter will crap their pants on film.

Top Bottom